Home Advisor

Hi Everyone,

I am a new Inspector trying to get my name out there and was wondering if anyone had any luck using Home Advisor for leads?

About Face, soldier! :stuck_out_tongue:

Or use the search function above…

Worth every penny I spent with them

You probably won’t get too many responses since this question is asked here at least 2-3 times a month, year after year.

There are few fan boys out there, but if you don’t mind letting Home Advisor hijack your website URL and business phone number, then maybe they’re perfect for your business model.

What did your google search tell you about Home advisor?

I was just joking, I have spent 0 with them but feel like that’s a great deal…lol

They have never messed, nor asked to mess, with my phone number or web site.

HA has worked out well for me in the Dallas-Fort Worth market. 200+ inspections in my first year, about 85% of them being through HA. The majority of the agents who are referring me learned of me through clients I picked up through them.

You live and die by reviews, so you have to be really delivering superior service. Of my 37 reviews, 36 are 5-star, one is 4-star. You have to be ready to drop everything the second the lead comes through on your app or you very unlikely to have the chance to convert the lead. People are often confused about their having booked you when they use the instant appointment option, and HA apparently does not try very hard to make them aware of the fact.

I have spent a lot of money on HA leads, but I have gotten a lot of work and experience. I am now working on getting my Google review count up and optimizing my SEO. Ultimately I want to get to the point where I don’t use them because it is sometimes a PITA getting credit for bad leads.

Yes, HA sucks in many ways, but what sucks worse is not having any inspections booked and sucking up to Realtors to get their referrals. At least with an HA lead, I don’t worry about scotching the deal for an agent that has referred me.

Just be aware that what works in one area may not work in another area: https://www.nachi.org/forum/f7/home-advisor-investigation-130078/?highlight=Advisor