Home depot experts

When I was in Oldsmar Florida I went to Home Depot. What a mess.
Then I went to Lowes. Just the opposite of Home Depot. A much nicer experience.

Here’s your typical Home Depot Employee.

And he is very excited about his job…

I just had a very recent run in with Big Orange. They tried to renege on a $400 rebate for an order of Timberline shingles I purchased. When I called the toll free number the bozo I got on the other end tried to tell me the reason I did not qualify for the rebate was because I did not use a contractor to install the shingles (my brother and I installed them and he was a roofer for many years) and I only saved about $10K). Needless to say I threw a hobo fit and went postal on da man. He said I had to go back to the store where I bought the shingles. So I did. They got on the phone and went postal on the bozo they got. I just received my rebate last week. In the past I have had similar problems with them honoring their contracts and commitments. I cut up their store card in the store once before for charging me a $29 late fee on a payment I had already made for a $12 balance. We are getting a new Lowes just a block away from the HD. It is going to be sweet.

While poking around Australia I discovered they came up with a great solution for this problem, People were dying because every new daddy with his first mortgage was trying to be MR fix it. Solution. Unless your an electrician, forget about buying anything to modify, upgrade or fiddle around with your electrical. Home fires have dropped dramatically, oh sure a generation complained for a bit. The next one wont know any difference and things get done properly. Just like dropping the penny( they did away with it 20 years ago). Round it off to the next nickle. Sometimes we spend too much time on the problem, not the solution.
GDay

http://www.matteecentral.com/images/Matty05.jpg

Paul…something you need to talk about with the rest of us…??? :shock: :stuck_out_tongue: :mrgreen:

Rob,
I did not run in with Home Depot, just the owner.
He was a customer of my wife’s ( she has a wine making shop) He asked me about inspecting his new home he was purchasing. He was going to call me as soon as the offer was firmed up on his house.
A former client booked an inspection and it turned out to be his house.
The basement was finished by a handyman and when I got to the panel I could tell this was not a professional job. I found the connection ran to a 100Amp subpanel. They had 8 15Amp breakers in the sub and all the branch wires coming into it were a complete mess and not fastened at all. It was fed by a single 10gauge wire marreted in the main panel to a 14gauge wire on a single 15amp breaker. I advised the purchaser to have this rectified. He had his agent try to have the seller repair this and the seller went ballistic.
Three days later he came into my wife’s shop to bottle his wine and when he saw me, he would not speak to me. The deal fell through, and my wife said he has not come back to see her since.
I do find electrical to be a huge area of concern and tell all my clients this is an area I will not accept deficiencies as they can be a life and death matter.

David
Just like you find alot of problems with electrical work in homes too many handy man electricians out there.Like you a call them out and do not give rats a$$$ what the agent thinks.