Home Energy Report

Does any one no when the home enegy report software will be working?

I toyed around with the beta software but it does not give correct number in relation with pricing to retrofit. The report that it create is awsome and I believe it could generate more income even if it is done by itself.

Will this become more accurate??

Thanks

Miguel Escamilla

It’s live now, but we have no control over the accuracy. The algorithm we were awarded a license for was developed by the U.S. Dept of Energy. www.nachi.org/hes.htm

Miguel,
Glad you have been trying the Beta and found useful but we are not surprised you had some concerns about the Beta.

We have been incorporating feed back that we have recieved from users such as you, input from government agencies and our own enhancements. These are in the works and we hope to have an updated version up some time in February.

Miguel, update to our energy calculator and report is coming soon - Generate a Home Energy Report in Just 5 Minutes - InterNACHI®

We’ll announce it. But you’ve made a great point, that being - this is the first time a home inspector will be able to use a standardized tool (backed by the U.S. DOE calculations) to offer a new service - Home Energy Inspections.

I’ve used it a couple of times and checked it against REM. Sometimes it was pretty close but other times it was way off. I will have to check it out again.

Looking forward to the update!

First of all I wanted to thank InterNACHI for putting this together with DOE. I have tried it out a few times and I think this can be something very useful for clients.

By any chance will it be possible to input various appliance (small & large) and lighting information to get a more accurate reading in the revised version? Looking forward to the changes…thanks.

Raffi Agaian