Home Guage and insurance reports

Not yet. Soon as they have one for windows 8 I will. Last time I checked did not see one

Secret shared:

Use a pdf form to write your insurance inspections, they can be signed in the field electronically using Qpdf or PDF expert on any android or on Ipads. Use a dropbox feature to share the forms with your computer and add the images.

Use this stylus for the best results

after that print the pdf form to pdf, this secures it and “flattens” it. Send out the flattened pdf and save the original incase you need to make a change.

I hope that helps.

Do you use your regular camera and attach pictures later?

I use my laptop for any stand alone insurance inspections. I put the pictures in, do the report and then, they can sign it using the “pencil” tool in Adobe pro.
Then I save it and e mail it to them.

For insurance inspection with home inspections I use a camera. I can rarely use the tablet to take images directly because I have a hard time with the hurricane ties images. My cell phone camera is capable but I still prefer the zoom and flash of the camera.

I use the camera and insert the pictures.
You can use this: http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/releases/view/82827

to resize all the pictures at once, then insert them into the form.
640 x 720 is a good size

Did you look at the Home Inspector Pro Wind Mit app? We have a few hundred guys using it now for Android, iPhone & iPad.

Actually HG has templates for both inspections. I do not use the Wind mitigation template because I want to have disclaimers on the form and a space for comments on the photo page but can not do that with the HG template.

I just started using HG for my 4 points. I completely reworked their template and have one that I like. I like it because I can fill out the entire thing on my tablet and include as many photos as I want and have them in the appropriate section (Electrical photo in the electrical section)

I showed it to a couple of insurance agents I work with before I switched to it and they liked it very much.

If you would like a copy of the template, email me and I will send you a copy.