"Home Inspection Business Course"

This thread is dedicated exclusively for those students currently enrolled in InterNACHI’s free online "Home Inspection Business Course."

Upon successful completion of this course, the student shall be able to:

• Choose a business location;
  • Write a business plan;
  • Choose the legal structure;
  • Choose the business name;
  • Understand the business laws and regulations;
  • Get business assistance, inspection training, and marketing services;
  • Finance your business;
  • Calculate pricing and billing;
  • Use inspection agreements;
  • Work on branding;
  • Work on marketing;
  • Conduct business online;
  • Provide great customer service and communication;
  • Hire employees;
  • File and pay taxes;
  • Build your business and hire inspectors; and
  • Get legal help.

Students are free to pose questions and comments here and join in the conversation with other students. The thread will be monitored by the course instructor.

Director of Education, Ben Gromicko ben@internachi.org

Other inspector training courses: www.nachi.org/education.

Thank you.

16 Likes

I am currently taking the business course and it talks about writing a business plan. Part of the business plan is doing a market and competitive analysis. Where do you get the information for doing this? I have some very basic information on the market and competition, but not much detail. Where can I obtain specific information?

3 Likes

For Beginners… Open the Phone Book (Building / Home Inspectors) - The majority of Home Inspectors who;ve been in biz. for a few years are most likely listed in this form of advertising… or Call a local Real Estate office… Ask who they recommend for Home Inspecting (get a cpl. names… best of Luck…

1 Like

The majority of smart inspectors who have been in business for a while know that the phone book is a complete waste of money.

5 Likes

Looking forward to another great INACHI course. Anyone reading this, I HIGHLY recommend the Professionalism course by Ben.

3 Likes

I echo John Paul in that I am also looking forward to another priceless InterNACHI course, but this one’s on the business side, which is equally important to the success of my business.

Looking into the business courses.

t
his company provides so much knowledge for such a good price

Look forward to taking another course.

starting business class

Look forward to taking another course.

Thank you!

Thanks again!

it is the busniess part i have the biggest fear of, and i agree with one of the posts above the phone book it a waste of money , meeting real estated agents, and the web i think are where i may concentrate

I am just wondering if I am on track. I was told i needed to concentrate on the 13 tests to get me certified first. Stay focused and do not get off track they said. Is this one of the 13 required tests for certification? I can see this is a vital course. So much to learn, I want to do each course as they said would happen. If nothing else I have interacted in their forum for the first time.

Hi, Douglas.

I’m glad you’re taking this business course.

To become certified, please visit InterNACHI® - International Association of Certified Home Inspectors where the requirements for certification are listed.

signing in

Starting and looking forward to another great course.

Hi from NZ,
I have been Inspecting as a Builder but now up skilling to Inspector Status as I wish to
make a career in this. This course should help as like a lot of self employed I know that
Income needs to Exceed out go. Reverse not good.

Excited to start my education