"Home Inspection Business Course"

Inspection & Writing Assignment:

Here we have our after you’ve had your home inspections maintenance book, we also tied in a copy of the exclusive deals for clients along with our own certificate of inspection we have seen our clients take great valve in these small things and it has helped our business.

Research & Writing Assignment:

Just read an article capture leads and the information was great. what I picked up was that every visitor has come to your site looking for service and your ability to capture there business is the survival of your business.

A web page should tell the story with pictures essentially without text. This is just a picture of a sunset from near my home and I may use it or a similar one as an attention getter on my web page. Other pictures about home inspections would tell the story and of course text would be added to make a complete effective web page.

How to sell the Real Estate Professional is the article I chose. I was impressed with the great idea of putting together a home inspection kit for the home owner but also giving the realtor one and also leaving one for the front of the office so home buyers can see it.

So my essay will be over my business plans. I am planning to start part time and build my business as i go. I’ve already have the name and design ready as you see on my business cards. I also have car magnets, and polo shirts with logos that will let the client and public know who i am. The next step i will be working now that I’ve went through this course will be my web page. I’m trying to get certified with as much as i can the next 6 months to add to my portfolio. I have a friend that owns her own business and have already asked if she’d mentor me through this to help me with local and state laws.

From this course and studying marketing images ive gotten a more clear understanding of how to market my business to get more clients and to keep the previous ones happy and pass on referrals. This will help to keep my business running and profitable

I wanted a logo that had color and a simple design that customers could see and can relate to. The blue back round draws potential customers eyes to the logo and a simple house design with the name easily read will help to retain the information and possibly attract work.

The image I choose was filter inspection. Most new home owners do not know that they have to inspect and replace air filters that are installed in the systems of the home. When air filters are not inspected or replaced when it is required can lead to poor system performance and can create an strain on those systems such as central heating and air conditioning. Air filters should be replaced once a month and inspected during every home inspection when the air filter is accessible. This information should be explained to the client as well as the importance of replacement of the filter.

Inspections in Central Mississippi
The attached photograph is in beautiful Madison County Ms. Mississippi is a rural state and many homes and developments are in areas similar to the type of landscape in the photograph. Woods, ponds and country settings are common. I plan to market to the growing areas around our state capital, Jackson, MS. Madison is one of the suburbs and one of the reasons for its growth is that it has always been considered " in the country". That has become a great appeal to many who work in Jackson.

Interesting and Useful ways to grow your business.
Taken from Nick Gromikos article: Marketing Tips For Inspectors

There are many interesting and unique ways to increase your business as a home inspectors. I feel that there is a certain percentage of owners who would love an annual report concerning the condition of their home. There are obviously folks in every neighborhood with immaculate yards and homes and I bet they would be great potential customers for this service. In the same neighborhood, after doing a few jobs with testimonials, sending a letter out to other owners offering your service would be another great marketing tool. Ask for permission from the folks who have written testimonials, and include it in your letter. These and many other ideas could be great parts of your business plan.

I feel that a business’ logo can say a lot about a company. Sometimes a mere logo is all that is needed for consumers to know who they are doing business with. I feel that a logo can also help consumers remember a business or aspect of a business better. I know that sometimes I’m terrible with names but a simple logo, ie Nike’s swish, is all one needs to help remember a name. Our logo has a rising sun, rooftop and an original star design (minus the fine details that it actually has for design sake)and our company name below it. the attached file is a bit blurry

I have attached a picture of my logo for this course. Our company name is Cardinal Home Inspections and we created the name because we wanted to use something that pertained regionally. The cardinal is the state bird of North Carolina. We designed a sleek logo that does not look like any other home inspection firms logo. We wanted something aesthetically pleasing without too much verbiage. We think a simple name, bold colors and an eye catching logo will help our brand become recognizable as truly professional.

The article, “How to Write a Mission Statement” was very helpful as I wrote our company’s mission statement. With the goal of laying out a clear statement of fact, the article shed much light. The purpose of a mission statement is to have an identifiable mark on why we do what we do. Having a mission statement allows all members of the company to compare their actions with the actions as described within the mission statement. This constant reminder is especially helpful early on in business as it allows all the users to reflect and move forward. Mission statements point perspective clients in the right direction because they allow the client to see what a company is all about, both before the work is done and after it is completed. Without a mission statement, it is very hard to know if the company is going in the right direction.

Chapter 9 training. I have chosen ica for initial training. Then i will take the national home inspectors examination and ASHI standards of pracice and code of ethics to get my license.Next I will continue my education with internachi and their 30 additional inspector certifications.

10 Easy Ways to Save Money & Energy in Your Home:
programmable thermostats can save up to $150.00 a year. turning your thermostat from 75 down to 70 will save about 10%. replacing incandescent lights with cfl or led can save up to 75%.

This photo was taken of a trampoline in the backyard of a home. Trampolines are not within the scope of a home inspection but as I walked past I realized the hazard it can be. This trampoline was a buried trampoline. It appeared to be in the ground for many years. The rust is causing the trampoline frame to flake apart and has many holes in it. This is a potentially hazardous condition for anybody that may jump on this trampoline. The potential danger from a spring breaking the rust and coming loose could be possibly deadly. This serious issue needs to be taken care of to help insure that injuries or possibly deaths will be avoided.

This hazard will be used on my website to showcase I am willing to look at things to help families be safe in their potential new homes.

My essay is on the image of inspector attire. The inspectors attire must represent his location and some on his clients preferences. In a cold climate one would likely wear long pants and long sleeves. In a warm temperate climate an inspector might wear short sleeves long pants. Another possibility for a hot climate the inspector could wear short pants and short sleeves. Some clients may want a more professional look. While other clients may rejoice in seeing an inspector who wears clothes of a Craftsman. One thing all clients will appreciate is a clean and tidy looking appearance.

Im writing this essay about the class that Im taking right now.Its about marketing your business.About coming up with a logo ,ordering business cards and brochures.It also discussed on how to build a website. A lot of great information. The photo is a picture of my logo designed by InterNACHI.

Im writing this essay about the articles I just read.The first article was about A letter explaining what a certified home inspector is. It talks about the training,testing and the continuing education classes that are required,standard of practices and code of ethics.

Choosing a Domain Name. It is recommended by professionals to obtain two domain names. One that would be communication friendly and the other that would be more focused on Search Engine Optimization. A short, non hyphenated domain name would work best for easy communication verbally or through marketing. A second SEO oriented domain name should be more focused on keyword search results. Choosing two domain names will allow you to benefit from personal communication and online promotion.