"Home Inspection Business Course"

Inspection & Writing Assignment:

Chapter 4 Choosing business location. The property in the attached photo is being considered for a commercial rental property for a home inspection business. The building is 2400 sq.ft. The rent is $7.00 p.s.f. and the monthly rent will be $1400.00 which would include property taxes and building maintenance on a 2 year lease.
The building has updated internet and phone capabilities and ample parking for work vehicles and customers.
The location is on a highly traveled main road on the south end of the city with a new Police/City Hall sub station being built 3 blocks away.
Any advertising on the building, allowed by local ordinances, will be highly visible to passing vehicles and patrons at local businesses.
Local business in the area include a Janitorial/Maintenance Supply within the block.
This building, although being in a older end of the city,has high visibility, easy access and reasonable rent and I believe would be a good rental for a home inspection business.

Attached is a copy of my logo. My brand or slogan is “We Give You The Big Picture” and follows the whole Hindsight is 20/20 theme. I try to incorporate my brand into everything that I compose, weather that be my website, letterhead, or business cards.

Research & Writing Assignment:

The Illustration that I chose was Attic Inspection in marketing images. This picture would be great to upload to your website or social media page. It gives the impression that this inspector is through and not afraid to get dirty.

After spying on my soon to be competitors and found virtually none of them offered infrared imaging , It was not a hard decision to offer it as a part of my basic inspection service. Luckily I have had a thermal camera for a while at my current job and will not have to purchase a better one right away keeping my start up costs down.

The article about truck signage was very good. I totally agree that your truck is like a rolling billboard and should be treated as such. I saw an inspectors truck today that had really small lettering and it was pealing really bad. It was really hard to read even up close in the next lane. So I cant imagine it would be possible to read it while moving down the road at any speed. Kind of pointless.

I read the article ‘Why Your Home Inspection Business Needs a Logo’ and learned some important information. I wish I had read this prior to working on our logo! This article explains just how important it is to design a logo that makes your business stand out from everyone else in the same market. Your logo shouldn’t be generic but tie in with your business name. Prospective customers are more likely to remember your name if your logo is unique. Don’t be like Joe down the road and design a logo that says “Hey, we’re the home inspection business to call. We will meet your needs!”

The business card pictured not only represents the type of business or product they are selling, but it emotionally triggers people in different ways. When I create a business card, I will have to take into account my target market and make a decision whether or not certain images or slogans will upset any group of people, and if I or my business, is ok with that hit.

When learning about domain names, I learned setting up an alternative that is easier to type and remember would be beneficial. Using my whole business name on printed material will not look as good and will be harder to remember. Also, backlinking the site so both websites go to the same page will be helpful. Buying more powerful domain names in the future might be beneficial for landing pages and services pages.

This photo is the home page of my business website. A website is most likely the single most important marketing thing to have to make a home inspection business successful. People will be able to find you online and learn about you and your company and make a decision to hopefully hire you. Without it, they don’t know who you are or how to contact you which means they would move on to another inspector.

Thank You

The roof inspection included the patio, which you will notice has a leak as well as the roofs covering has dips and is not flat. It is recommended that the owner have a professional roofer inspect and make the needed repairs.

I studied the column base with level nuts. The column is fixed to the non-shrinking grout and leveled by the nuts which are fastened to the threaded rod. Such structure provided a very vertical column and stable support for column

This is logo for our company. The logo consist of both of the founder. We used engineering instead of inspection because we could make a first impression of we can do more than a home inspection, and also engineering looks more professional and smart.

Hi Angel, in a pinch you can try google translate, it is a free app. I will demonstrate:
Please let me know if this is understandable :^)
https://translate.google.com/

Hola Ángel, en un apuro puedes probar el traductor de Google, es una aplicación gratuita. Voy a demostrar:
Por favor, dime si esto es comprensible.

Just starting the course now.

Home Inspection Business Course started

Goood morning

Good Afternoon,
My name is Richard.
I have just finished the SOP and EOC final and received my certificate. I am starting my own business so I am hoping to learn a lot of little things that I may need to know.

Hi Ben, looking forward to learning and setting up my business.

Hello. I am hoping to get my business off the ground, thanks for all of your help.

2 Likes

Two courses away from completing the requirements for certification and to take the Florida state license exam. Thought I’d take the business class to lay out what I need to do after that.