Home inspection regulation is quebec next???

This is worth adding again!
http://www.soonews.ca/viewarticle.php?id=29570

[FONT=Arial]Sau[FONT=Times New Roman]lt College is pleased to announce its newest partnership with Mike Holmes and the Holmes Group with the College’s new Home Inspection Technician program, the only one of its kind in the province.

The two year program, approved by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, was developed in partnership with the Holmes group and other advisory groups and is endorsed by Mike Holmes. It will be offered for the first time in September 2011. Students who enrol in this program will gain the knowledge and practical skills relating to residential home construction with an emphasis on developing the ability to recognize deficiencies present in the structures and systems that may be compromising the building.

“Graduates of this program will be ** qualified** and have the competencies required to **enter **the home inspection field,” states Leo Tiberi, Vice President of Academic, Sault College. “We thank Mike Holmes and the Holmes group for their endorsement of the program and feel confident that the credentials, knowledge and skills students gain through studying with us will be strong and impactful.”
The Holmes Foundation partners with schools, businesses and governments to raise the profile and reputation of skilled trades in Canada. Mike Holmes’ reputation as the **most trusted ** Canadian encourages people to pursue careers in the skilled trades and encourage employers to hire them.

The mission of the Holmes Foundation is to ensure that all residential renovations and construction in Canada is done right – the first time. In Canada there is a growing shortage of skilled workers who are needed to fill the roles that are being vacated as an increasing number of trades people retire.

“I’m really glad to see Sault College stepping up the plate and creating this program,” says Holmes of his ** partnership with the College**. “A program for home inspectors that’s fully accredited by the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities is long overdue. It’s time to start looking at home inspection as a profession, and to start training people in the way to do it right.”

“Sault College has the staff, facilities, and expertise needed to support the type of hands-on training this industry requires,” says Colin Kirkwood, Dean of Environment and Technology, Sault College, who will oversee the program. “We look forward to working together with Mike Holmes in this exciting field of study, and very pleased to have the opportunity to deliver a two-year home inspection program.”

Applications are now being accepted into this program for fall 2011 at www.ontariocolleges.ca . [/FONT]

[/FONT]

:):):slight_smile:

They (CSA) are willing to do so and have agreed to try, but already the naysayers in our industry have been attacking them viciously.
Rather than everyone wanting to get a ‘piece of the action’, and degrading those who are working with CSA, why not espouse the one project that CSA has found palatable and make it work? The CSA did their homework and decided to work with the NHICC to determine a fair and sustainable way to deliver the National Certification for Canadian Home Inspectors.
Since the NHICC is the only independent national organization offering the National Certification to any and all Canadian inspectors, the NHICC was asked to work with them so they can better understand the NCP, but frankly, when the final model is in place, the plan is for the program to be delivered equally, fairly and objectively by the CSA with no direct influence from any organization, including the NHICC.
In other words, personalities, including Bill Mullen & Claude Lawrenson, who might have raised issues in the past with some individuals will no longer be directly involved.
This is the best chance for industry unity and credibility we have ever had, and unless the unfair and erroneous criticisms and personal attacks stop, even CSA will tire of our childish behaviour. Remember, they have been established for almost 100 years and they do not need us to stay alive.

Bill Mullen

Bill I read the NHICC site again.
I finally see you admitted everything. Gees Louis. man can you not see whom is close minded here.
Your facts are from the BBB. Gees Louise man, You could have said that, but no!!.
You admit that tax payers money was used.
You denied everything. EVERYTHING and said nothing.

George Luck asked you over and over again for statistics.
What a head case you are Bill.

You created your own destiny as we all do in life.
I think the Nation standard, is or was a great idea. I always did.
A always did.

Look what a mess you made. This could have been out the box long ago.

You stone walled. Out and out avoided questions having the answers in front of you.
You are definitely not credible when it comes to making statements in my books.
Sorry.

The CCHI is a great investment for Canadians and the Home Inspection industry.
No blood on the wall and back door deals here.

You have your treasure hunt for defects the CCHI goes further. I will say no more but help to get it adopted in my province…

All the best Bill.

**They (CSA) are willing to do so and have agreed to try, but already the naysayers in our industry have been attacking them viciously. ** Its the history and foundation that’s its own worst enemy.
**Rather than everyone wanting to get a ‘piece of the action’, and degrading those who are working with CSA, why not espouse the one project that CSA has found palatable and make it work? **
Bill you wanted it all for yourself. $$$$$$$$$
**but frankly, when the final model is in place, the plan is for the program to be delivered equally, fairly and objectively by the CSA with no direct influence from any organization, including the NHICC. **
Could have been like that from the start. You stone walled and threw mud and expect everyone to follow suite?
Nope.

In other words, personalities, including Bill Mullen & Claude Lawrenson, who might have raised issues in the past with some individuals will no longer be directly involved. **
I would not want my name in that last remark.

Do you even understand what is being said.

Even the CSA say the same thing as everyone else.
Hello any one listening???

Bill if you would have listened to others opinions the industry may have been a better place long ago.

You have soul searching to do. JMO
You once said in a post, You had an albatross to carry.

Man I wish you all the best.
Bill.

Great idea got coughs up with money and ego building as in intent. JMO

Robert:

I have no idea what you are trying to say. Please ask some direct, straight questions if you want answers. Your tirade of gibberish makes no sense whatsoever.

The NHICC and myself have never said the NCP was designed to correct problems that the BBB or others have pointed out in our industry. It has very little if anything to do with the number or type of complaints, no matter what your pals have told you. We have always said the NCP was designed to bring more professionalism and credibilty to our industry.

Bill Mullen

Bill I see the the NHICC a page that admits errors made.

Its over.

Robert, I want this to remain civil, but once again, you provide no specifics.

What page ?

What errors?

Even if we admit to some errors, (and who doesn’t make errors), why would that mean ‘it’s over?’ Heck, even Nick has admitted to being wrong the odd time, and that just proves he and others are human.

Like it or not, the NHICC is far from ‘over’. In fact, it has just experienced a huge shot of adrenalin and is stronger and more ambitious than ever. We have experienced a huge increase in applications this past month as people realize the NHICC might actually have some value that can’t be realized through membership in any association.

With all due respect, please tell us what page and errors and I will try to respond.

Bill Mullen

Hi Bill,
If this all goes through does it mean that I will need to spend more money on more training in Alberta?? I am trying my best to get a grip on all of this. I am licensed in Alberta now so I can’t see how this will affect me or any others in Alberta. Clarification would be appreciated. From what I have read The NHICC is trying to make this a minimum standard in Canada.

Since Bryce is senior to me and others I will allow him to respond to you Bill.
I will say that both you and Claude cannot be considered at Arms Length.
No Association that makes money off Inspectors is at arms length.

Sorry Bill I was just coming back to explain.

First off I am tired. I should have not posted.
I will list my observations later when they are organised.
Again sorry.

its over means I will not pursue the matter any more.

George Luck asked you countless times about statistics.
You claim on a NHICC page about errors being made.
You admitted the use of BBB statistics.

Would it have been hard to tell him and other that?

Stone walling does not help the cause.

As explained the National standard is a great attainment.
It marketing tactics where less then transparent.
JMO

An independent study was done through CMHC a number of years ago. It was largely based on the statistics available at the time.

Did it point out “some” of the issues in the home inspection sector?

Did it point out why almost every E&O carrier “dropped” insurance coverage during a few tough years?

It is a slice in the timeline of the inspection industry. It did not put value of just BBB reports. It used statistics from insurers.

On another note regarding insurance claims - when is the last time an insurer provide you with that information?

Have you or others read the “full report” from CMHC?

Just sayin…do you really think “inspectors” have all the answers?

This was just sent to me!
http://www.bbb.org/canada/2010-complaint-and-inquiry-statistics/
Oops sorry you need to go to page 36 on last statistics bar.

Thanks Marcel.

Here is another one to add!
http://www.inspectorsjournal.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16319

Kevin, stop reading “street” journals if you want to be taken seriously.

How many times should someone repeat that NHICC is NOT an association so that you may finally remember this?

I don’t read journals I am given them to add here!
TheStar did get it right but others did not.

Here it is for those Home Inspectors that missed it!

Kevin:

Besides the fact that the NHICC is NOT an association…

It is a registered National not-for-profit organization. Neither it nor any of its officers have ever made any money off inspectors from their duties to the organization. In fact, most of us have donated our time and actual funds to start the organization and keep it afloat during the early months. It is very self-sufficient now but even so, none of us are receiving any compensation other than partial reimbursement of travel expenses, etc.

The NHICC annual budgets reflect good estimates of revenues and expenses, so the fees charged will cover only actual costs. There never was and never will be any hope or allowance for profit.

…So we have no trouble considering it to be ‘at arms length’, independent and inclusive. Others such as CMHC, CSC, HRSDC, and CSA feel the same way.

Bill Mullen

How are you so sure ‘The Star got it right?’ As with most journalism efforts, there are several versions of the same story, and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

The bottom line is that the CSA and the NHICC have a signed MOU and no matter how people try to diminish its value, it is very meaningful for those involved on both sides. Hopefully it can lead to some semblance of unity in a very fractured industry.

Neither the CSA nor the NHICC is going to lay all the cards on the table until more details are worked out between them, so I suspect we’ll need to wait a few months for the results of the upcoming meetings.

Bill Mullen