Home inspection regulation is quebec next???

Interesting for sure! lets see who lays who’s cards on the table.
All I know is it sure has shook up allot of dirt.

Dirt?
What dirt?

Like I said before Robert! It is all going to come out in the wash after the meeting Sept 12.

This is a tragedy for all concerned.
Bills and Claude’s intentions were well meant.
This can not be misunderstood.

The fundamentals of having Provincial jurisdiction overrides all though.

A federal standard “with out prejudice nor penalty” a great idea and will start to mark accountable to educators.

Association’s have to pick up the slack and sound in on ethics and membership behaviour. ACCOUNTABLY.
It is not their fault if inspector decide to err.

Once you pass your exams at school you do not rewrite them yearly. It’s of the the workplace.

Accountability lies with the inspectors.
Teach and train them the best to accepted Provincial and Federal or state standards but “the guilt of improper reporting lies with the inspector.”

The conflicts of interest that harbour within the real estate industry PLAY THE TRUMP CARD HERE.
Gees Louis we all know that. Dam, agents tell me so.

The day home inspectors have to market them selves and stand on their own two feet as any normal business man and separate real estate and home inspection industry will change thus protecting the consumer.:slight_smile:

If provincial, federal and state governments want to do something, educate the consumer.

THAT’S FACT JACK!! AS SURE AS BOB’S YOUR UNCLE MATE!!!

Thank you Claude.
Yes a slice in time.
I know or can say with some certainty that you would turn back the hands of time to adjust certain decisions.

All the best.

The results of the Quebec election gives reason to believe that the elected government has more pressing tasks than to regulate home inspectors in its jurisdiction.

**RUDOLF REUSSE **

More like the population has more pressing issues.
Gees Louis here we go again.

Love to see the sales statistics for residential sales over the last month.
my phone rang 10 times.

Re Home Inspection Regulation in Québec.

As far as I’m aware, there is no such plan in the immediate future. The closest to regulation seems to be recognition by the semi-government real estate regulatory body (OACIQ). So far, one inspector association is recognized and that is the AIBQ as of July 2011.

This does NOT mean that individual inspectors or members of other associations can’t be recommended for a pre-purchase inspection! In fact, if an individual inspector, member of an association or not, meets 4 conditions (article 81 of the OACIQ Regulations):

1. A broker or agency executive officer must recommend to the person proposing to acquire an immovable that the person have a full inspection performed by a professional or a building inspector who

(1) has professional liability insurance covering fault, error and omission;

(2) Uses a recognized inspection service agreement;

(3) Performs inspections according to recognized building inspection standards; and

(4) Submits a written report to the party that requested the inspection services.

The broker or agency executive officer may furnish a list of more than one professional or building inspector meeting the requirements of the first paragraph.

O.C. 299-2010, s. 81.

A lot of behind the scenes lobbying has been going on and even a Private Bill has been written (but not submitted) on this, suggesting the OACIQ would regulate pre-purchase inspections.

Bottom line: not anytime soon.

G.

True Giles but tomorrow is never far away.
You are attempting and hopefully finalizing a resolve for the issue discussed some time ago over the MB.
Hope all is going well.

It’s a 2 part strategy though and I am at work on part 2 as I speak, so to speak, if you can speak and be heard over the internet on a computer using your key stokes on ones keyboard to converse with others.:eek:
What the hell did that guy just say???:)HA HA HA.
It’s the hearing part that confuses me.:wink:

Hope all is well G.
tell the members when they can put in their application for the CMI or is it already in effect.
Thanks for you hard work.

**A lot of behind the scenes lobbying has been going on and even a Private Bill has been written (but not submitted) on this, suggesting the OACIQ would regulate pre-purchase inspections. **

I myself will sleep much better once I know the fox is watching the hen house G.

Conflict of interest are amazing once you have the money to back up that private bill. HA HA HA.

The winds of political change will keep things in check for 18 to 24 months
I will work on what I think is the best example yet. Canadian and transparent without baggage.

Who submitted the bill on OACIQ’S behalf,
T.A.R.T association or the new The Agents For a Richer Tomorrow or F.U.C.K.Y.O.U Association.
Friendly United Collective Keeping You Out as Usual.:slight_smile: HA HA HA HA

Yuri,
I could be mistaken and if so I apologize to all.
I do not wish to raise an issue. Honestly.

Can you please explain to us about the PHPIC’s position on the NHICC’s designation and their ties and membership use of the designation.
Thanks in advance.

The PHPIC is an association. Correct?
They are the marketing end of the NHICC or so it looks like.
Again, I could be mistaken.

So if the NHICC is not an association Yuri why is the PHPIC aligned to the designation and acting as a campaigner for the NHICC?

Does any other association other than the PHPIC have a prerequisite for their members and solely accredit the NHICC designation?

Its hard to get a straight answer from Bill and Claude on this point.
maybe I have not asked correctly.
Can you help me?

If it was, or could prove to be AT ARMS LENGTH and having no conflicts of interest with PHPIC or the other way around than I am sure this misunderstood matter would be much clearer for all to follow.

Thanks in advance Yuri.
All the best.

I find this continuing defence off the NHICC is extremely humorous .
It is run by a self appointed group who seem to think they are the best.

They also feel it is OK for them to complain but others should not .
It is them who try to get people to take their courses join their association and seldom gives any facts .
You Like to complain when caught posting false information and try to intimidate me and others.
The facts are too many like you try to take advantage on the newbies .

Sad to see OAHI scam so many newbies even sadder to see your group condones it.

Remember Whistler
http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4935

Bill has a big announcement coming soon
http://www.nachi.org/forum/showpost.php?p=166560&postcount=103

http://www.phpic.ca/ON_western.php
· Bill Mullen - #NCA00001 / ACI
· I find it strange how Bill has OAHI & PHPIC listed on his web site but is not shown as a member on their web sites???

· George Leenhouts - #NHI00065 / RHI / ACI
· Home Inspector Directory - Ontario Association of Home Inspectors
· George is listed on the OAHI web site but OAHI does not lead you to his web site
· Scott Turnbull - #NCA00091 / PHPI
· PHPIC does not have Scott listed on their web site???
· Jerry Reintjens - #NHI
· Does not seem to be listed in either web site ???

Sorry for the second post everyone.

Long before and during my inauguration into the Home Inspection marketplace in Canada.

I was marketed to by these so called educators of information.
seeming an onslaught and and having been deceived 3 times for education. even in my home town asking a home inspector anything IE: “how to become a home inspector” 8 years ago was ludacris.
They wished to save the greed for themselves.
Not all though.

A sad but true, That was the forecast of what’s to come.

After getting angry at their persistent attempts to lure me into their education or association did they see me as a “threat to there embellished opinions.”

Roy Cooke and Raymond Wand, Vern Mitchinson and of course all my good American friends here in INACHI’S have opened my eyes.
Barry A. Bob the condo king, Dale D. Dan B. James B and the countless others.
Thanks by the way.

I am still pursuing fact Yuri or anyone that can make sense of this…
That is all I am after. As you should be Yuri.
I am not looking to make an issue.

There is no need to embellish the truth.
It simplicity is what makes it unique.

Originally Posted by Bill Mullen
Robert:

It doesn’t even take two weeks…people just go online and do Nick’s little quiz in 20 minutes and become instant certified home inspectors. He brags about 1050 NACHI inspectors in Canada but even Roy Cooke has admitted only about 25% of NACHI members actually know how to inspect a home.

Neither Claude nor I have ever said that we believe a person is ready to inspect houses after only two weeks or less.

Bill Mullen

Bill, embellishing like a rug again?

So Sad Bill Mullen was a NACHI member for many years .
I reported him for Having ASHI/CAHPI/OAHI/PHPIC on his web site.
He made many excuses why NACHI was not on his web site and promised to get this fixed as soon as possible .
He blamed his web site producer and many other excuses.
Then he put on http://www.nachi.com/ Of course this is was not NACHI , He then blamed it on others but he never got it fixed when I kept complaining he then left NACHI .
He has used NACHI like some others do just to promote their wants .

(" but even Roy Cooke has admitted only about 25% ")
Now this is strange I do not remember ever saying this Thanks Bill .
I do know information given to Bill In Confidence was posted proving Bill’s word is not to be believed .He lied .

BTW most of these ones that due take the online course will not do an Inspection for sometime but there will always be some that don’t listen and go full boar into the Advertising and Brochures only to phase out like so many. Those that survive will approach it as a serious Profession and continue to learn plus be **Mentored **before entering the Lions Pit.
We are trying to make it clear here that if you Advertise you had better be able to back up with what you say.
One other company is helping People to see the serious side of LinkedIn and other areas as the first place to look and leave the Yellow Pages for those just starting. Why?
You don’t get the full picture of what kind of Professional you are hiring.

There are undertones in BC and Alberta as they catch the unprofessional HI.

In the news report you hear Bills and Claudes “a couple of hundred dollars and 20 minutes and you’re an inspector.”

Ever hear Bill or Claude say that Roy.
Hmmm.

Funny my hair shot up in the back of my neck hearing Bill’s verbatim as the newscaster played the vocal clip.

Now why are they so jealous of Nick and why do they “embellish like a rug” every chance they get.

I forget that event you always talk about Roy.
Where and what was it again.

A Convention of some type with a certification behind the marketing in a well know tourist town in the mountains.
What province and town?

Remind us please.
Thanks in advance.

I removed a post due to the wording.

Tell me if this was not a set up.
Ever hear Bills and Claude’s 20 minute line** as in my previous post.
?
listen to this media near the end.
Hmmm.
I wonder who helped her.

Look at CAPI’S Toth, Look at the litigation to other associations.

She could have done the same thing with any internet educator.

With all the comments - most of them unrelated to the topic - it IS time for an update!

FACT: Regulation in Québec will soon be a reality!

Most of the ongoing actual process is confidential, so I can’t really mention anything about it at this time. Let me add that InterNACHI Québec has become an integral and full player in the process!

InterNACHI is on a continuing mission to help and support InterNACHI members in Québec - as it does everywhere - so that they will achieve full recognition.

G

I AM HAPPY TO HEAR THAT G.

As with anything the spokes persons are greatly appreciated.

InterNACHI itself is the tool being used.
Lets not forget that shall we everyone.