Home Inspector Council 2013?

I guess we have to develop one.

This is all ridiculous. Appreciate your efforts John but if you quit I won’t blame you. Kinda sad to see anyone bashing somone else in their own profession.

John check your mail

You can have plan b, c, d and e. Without support it all adds up to a big ole goose egg.

There just seems to be so much hatred between inspectors. The “ole timers” as they call themselves dislike everything about the newbies, even if the newbies have been around for 5 years or so. I have said many times that certain actions and comments really have no place and make us all look unprofessional. I personally see that we may need to do something else. The status quo isnt working and some people will never change. I personally like to align myself with positive people looking toward the future

Sorry, you are on your own I quit caring years ago, I suggest you do the same. Like Gerry Beaumont used to say… ‘Ya can’t fix everything’, besides the chaos is comforting. :smiley:

I am glad the same crap makes you comfortable. I see it a bit different.

Why?
It illustrates clearly where the problem lies.
There has been talk of “getting things done”, and yet, something as simple as the SoP, which is really a meaningless document in the end, cannot even be agreed upon. All of the orgs. have a version, which almost mirror each other.
Meanwhile, two years after licensing took effect, still no SoP.

I would gladly volunteer to go wherever to try and make our point…however…after 15 minutes of nonsense, I would probably either walk out or have to be restrained.

As my Uncle Jimmy says, “As you get older, you have less tolerance for bull****”.

In this day and age, do we even need to meet in person to get things accomplished?

why? refer to uncle jimmy’s wise words.

When you pass option b,c, and d , e may be able to get someones attention

Several of us drove/flew to Tallahassee for just that reason. We were told it would get done, when it gets done. They are working on it. They would not tell us who keeps requesting changes either.

Let’s see who keeps requesting changes. My guess would be the CILB. Why? Simply because they can and then can make it go on and on and on…who is going to stop them?

Face it, the best plan with no support is like be a General with no soldiers…useless. Nick could ralley the troops, but instead tells them not to worry, he has it covered. So then what do they do? NOTHING…

John Shishilla right now with his inspection process can fix anything he wants on the house he inspected, and do so legally. I know he doesn’t but nothing is stopping him.

He can do the inspection for $400, but if they use him to fix it, the inspection is FREE!

He can do wind mits and if you use him to upgrade, the wind mit is FREE!

You can sit and wait for Nick, and wait and wait and wait…then realize you waited to long and you no loger have a viable profession. The decision is yours and the future is yours. Either get involved or sit and watch everything pass you by…it will happen and it already has in several areas. You just don’t know it’s happening.

You mean there isn’t a process for submissions of changes? Guessing who is requesting what is pointless.
I would be willing to bet, that if you, John and I got together, we could submit something in a day, with enough time for a round of golf and a dinner out. Day two would be revision suggestions, more golf and another dinner. Day three would be finalization …more golf…etc…

We could also do the same thing via e mail or a chat room, skype, conference calls or a number of ways.

Unless there will be an additional 3000 members to this org, I wouldn’t wait for Nick.

Eric I am willing to do whatever needs to be done. Do it on our own. Have nothing to do with NACHI the council or anything.

Look what happens when you do the right thing! People ask for your resignation. John forwarded a request from a member ( a request he did not fully agree with) for consideration. What happened? They asked him to resign. WTF?

If he didn’t forward the request, Steve would ask him to resign…damned if you do, damned if you dont.

I will help in any way, just let me know.

come on Russel. That’s 2 shots you have taken at me in this thread. both unwarranted.

I would feign concern if I thought it would help.

I am just going to throw this out for whatever it is worth. The DBPR has a list of every licensed home inspector in the state with contact info. If a mass email was sent to every inspector reguardless of association] with the info that that the industry needs implementing, and every inspector signed and returned to the sender. Then all these emails could be sent to the GOVERNOR, LEUTENANT GOV. plus the Secetary of state and then you can get some attention. When a mass mailing crashes top officials computer systems, with over 7500 inspectors in Fl you will have someones attention. The first email on the list will be contacted for more info… Then you need some to present your case. You have nothing to lose. You do not have any thing now. IF it PISSES some one off, at least you have their attention JMO

John Ritter, I have been at this for some time. Get 20 people to show up in Tallahasee. It will not happen, evven if you offer to pick them up in a limo at no cost to them. I tried.

Good luck with the mass email thing. Hope it works.

great idea- but the unfortunate reality is that well over half of the licensed home inspectors are contractors that got their licence under the grandfathering provision and the majority of them have different goals and objectives than the professional home inspector.

The second was a hypotheical case. But is it not warranted? You yell about the council and how their inner dealing and yet we sent your representative a check and never heard a peep. Does that not warrant a comment? You used the money to do as you pleased without any input from anyone but yourself.

It is what it is…live and learn.