It’s been a year in the making, but it’s finally done! We partnered with the Department of Energy last year to become the first home inspection software to include the ability to generate home energy scores. It’s taken a year of coding and testing but we’ve finally cleared all their tests and have the software certified so that all Home Inspector Pro users can enter the scores directly in Home Inspector Pro.
Version 4.5 of HIP will be in beta for a couple more days and then publicly released. If you’d like to test it out now, let me know.
- Generate an official Department of Energy report for your clients
- Generate more revenue from your inspections!
- Data from your HIP inspection pre-populates part of the form to save you time!
- USP - Unique Selling Point. Stand out from your competition
- Score fields are being added to MLS Listings in CA, CO, MO, AL, AR, AK, IL, DC, VT, NH, RI and other areas
- Will be in MLS nationwide by 2017/18
- Buyers can get a larger FHA loan with a score of 6, or include the upgrades to get a 6 in their loan
InterNACHI is helping their members become Department of Energy Assessors which is awesome!
Start the process NOW of being an Energy Score Assessor and contact Michelle Thakur via InterNACHI at email@example.com to become qualified and participate in the Home Energy Score national program.
There are no costs or fees for qualified inspectors to participate in this program.
To become a Home Energy Score Assessor with InterNACHI’s help, an individual must:
be a member of InterNACHI;
be a Home Energy Inspector (free & online for members);
complete the 3D-house training (free & online for members); and
participate in a Quality Assurance Program with other inspectors (free for members). InterNACHI staff will assist members in the program.
Become a Home Energy Score Assessor at https://www.nachi.org/homeenergyscore.htm