Home Inspector Pro Inspection Software for Mac & Windows 2.6.6 Released

Hi Guys,

Home Inspector Pro Version 2.6.6 has been released. I’m posting this here as quite a few of our guys have changed their email addresses and not notified us. I spent awhile this morning tracking down quite a few guys and think this will speed it it. If you didn’t get the email about the new version, EMAIL ME your new email address please :mrgreen:

You can download the latest on the website. Log in if you’re already a user or click Download Trial if you’re not.

We have a lot more in store for our next update but had to take a break to get a release out. Here’s **some **of the latest changes:

Updates since 2.6.0.4

New Feature: Added new Texas 7A-1 template. Texas reports also now have a cover page like other states.

New Feature: Under Report Settings->Options->Picture Editing you can now set the default Font Type, Size, Style (Bold, Italic, Underline) & Background Higlight Color of the font used to type text over photos. New Feature: Added Texas OP-I document and set it to print under Additional Inspector Info by default (this can be changed).

New Feature: Added a new Rating Options tab under Report Settings->Ratings.

New Feature: The color of the rating boxes can be changed (and check X inside of it) under Report Settings->Ratings->Rating Options.

New Feature: The spacing between rating boxes can now be adjusted between 0 and 5 pixels wide under Report Settings->Ratings->Rating Options.

New Feature: Photo Overlay. Allows you to overlay one image over another. This is perfect for infrared imaging as you can crop a portion of an infrared image then overlay it onto a normal picture of the area of interest.

New Feature: Can set the Company Name font, color & size on the cover page under Report Settings->Formatting

New Feature: Can set the Report title font, color & size on the cover page under Report Settings->Formatting

New Feature: Can set the font type, size and color of the item names (i.e. Shower) under Report Settings->Item Name Format

New Feature: Spellcheck added to template editor when creating new items.

New Feature: Text highlighted added. This allows you to have a color behind the text you add onto a picture when in edit picture mode.

New Feature: Multiline text added to photo editor. When adding text onto a photo, the text can now be broken up over multiple lines.

New Feature: Spellcheck added to the Add Text section when editing a photo.

New Feature: Added a new feature under Report Settings-> Options -> Item Options that allows you to set the default item separator for Damage Panels & Selection Panels when creating new items in the Template Editor for the template that’s open.

New Feature: Added a new feature under Report Settings-> Options -> Item Options that allows you to reset the item separator for all Damage Panels or Selection Panels in the template that’s open.

Design Change: If using new line + bullet or new line + blank line with a selection panel, the first item will start on the line after the item description.

Design Change: If you don’t have any Description Text your first comment will start left aligned like the rest of the comments (the indention is gone).

Design Change: The automatic paragraph indents in the documents have been removed.

Design Change: Photo quality has been increased while only a marginal file size increase. You’ll notice the better quality in particular with photos with lines such as roofs or home siding from a distance (the roof tiles would start to create a line previously).

Design Change: The new Texas 7A-1 form has been implemented. Since the new form allows an actual cover page the Texas template now includes a cover page just like other Home Inspector Pro reports.

Design Change: Edit Text box will always be centered on screen at any resolution.