Home Inspector Training in Ohio, any suggestions

Originally Posted By: Tim Robertson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Guys,

Any advice or recommendations on a Home Inspection training course in or close to Ohio? There is a reputable college in Columbus, Hondros College (www.hondros.com) that has a pretty good program I am told. What is the average length of training? They have a 40 hour course, is that the norm? It runs about $2500 bucks, how is the price? Any info would be appreciated....

Thanks,

Tim

Originally Posted By: Steve Costa

Hondros is only $1050 for the course of 40 hrs and you can double that by taking the master course for another 40 hrs. It isnt bad if you get a good instructor

Originally Posted By: Mike Parks

If you what to get good electrical information go here:

http://www.ohiocertificate.com/

These courses are approved by the State of Ohio for continuing ed for tradespersons.

Hal has the best instructors around.

Mike P.

Originally Posted By: roconnor

80 hours of initial training … particularly if you do not have a lot of general experience with the various trades … site, building, electrical, heating, cooling, and plumbing … icon_wink.gif

IMHO local colleges can be a good option because some have excellent programs, and will not pop up today then be gone tomorrow. But just like anything else, check things out and try to talk to people who have completed the various programs being considered before you make a decision.

Just my 2-nickles

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?
NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong