Home Inspectors are Not Required

Originally Posted By: dvalley
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

2) They?ll walk the roof surface and determine the age, condition and life expectancy of the roofing material. Right?

3) They?ll crawl into the crawl space and tight areas to find all the troubled areas. I think not.

4) They?ll find every defect in all the plumbing and gas lines and know the operational conditions of their piping. Nice try.

5) They?ll inspect the heating system for defects and will know its life expectancy and performance. Ya ?Ok

6) They?ll easily find the WDI?s within the structure. Good luck!

7) They?ll know what sort of structural defects to look for on the support systems in the basement/crawl, after they?ve read the entire book. Keep reading!

This list could go on forever. I just don?t understand how a homebuyer could perform a through home inspection with an untrained eye after reading a lousy book. I wish them all the luck in the world.

David Valley

MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: jmertins

What a freakin joke…good luck “Ricky”…I look forward to hearing about your first lawsuit when your “customer” grabs a panel box and it throws him across the garage. What joke!!!

John

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

Very interesting Dave…

Gary (Snicker’s) Johnson - Free NACHOS

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: jmertins

I just have too add…Ah forget it ,…my blood pressure is going up just thinking about that guy.

John Mertins

Baxter Home Inspections, Inc.

"Greatness courts failure"

Roy "Tin Cup" McAvoy

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

O.K. Get ready to jump down my throat. I’m ready.

What a brilliant idea these gentlemen have. They are trying to corner the market on those that feel that the price of a home inspection is too high (which I do not). However, If you note they talk about multiple inspections for the same home-buyer. Personally, I'd love to run into the home-buyer that likes 5 out of 15 homes and needs 5 inspections. Now that would make my day.

Originally Posted By: kdemski

ya get what ya pay for in this life…

Originally Posted By: ekartal

These people that would risk it all for $300 probably fall into the ‘price shopper’ type category that most inspectors wouldn’t want to deal with anyway. eusa_eh.gif

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

About 3 years ago when I started researching Home Inspection as a business I ordered a book called “The Complete Book of Home Inspections”.

When I got it, I was dismayed when it said in smaller print “for owners or Buyers” and read through some of it and then shelved it (very boring).

I guess if you want to spend 15-20 hours reading a book and do a half-assed inspection, it's up to you...most tout..."Save "$300" or more on an inspection!,but you have to figure what your time is worth spent reading rather than something else.
I'm mechanically inclined and used to buy manuals and try fixing the car myself but usually never had the right tools to do the job correctly. Now when I need something done on my truck I go to a professional and get it done right(hopefully).

My .02

--
Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector