Home Inspectors of America

Really Bobby? Good place to work?:roll:

Looks like their website is gone

I just finished the Nachi training and started because of an add I answerd on craigslist. They said for $55 per month I would get a website, leads am=nd covered with $250,000 of liability ins… Cant get a hold of David Knudson now, I am calling now to talk to the main office.

UPdate, I reached the customer service for Home inspectors of America and talked to Gina. They are sending me a copy of the insurance showing me added as a insured under the policy. I will stay with this Company for now and see how it goes. They offer a lot for only $55 a month, I know I can’t get a million dollars coverage for that little money. I will let everyone know how it progresses.

HA HA you joined NACHI just to post this…hmmmmm

I too have had this same problem. Did you ever get a call back?

When I joined InterNachi HIoA was part of the original package and then monthly dues started after that. I also have NEVER received any referrals from them but I have spoken to David Knudson a few times. it is time to speak again.

Randy Leak
Property Prestige, LLC
Haslett, Michigan

PP Logo.jpg

1 Like

I just recently signed up with HomeInspectorsofAmerica with JAMES CANDELARIA. He’s a fraud. I paid $204 to get leads, insurance protection, but he does not deliver.

1 Like

does anybody out there have any more info on home inspectors of America??

if anyone has any more info on home inspectors of America, I would appreciate an update. I too suspect a fraud and have blocked any future payments. thanks for any help

1 Like

I got a call today from someone saying they saw my “endorsement” of this company on a Google + page. I can’t find anything. I certainly didn’t endorse them. They suggested that I received my training and certification from them.

Greetings everyone, I have been contemplating joining for a few weeks now, been super busy with my other business, but nevertheless, here I am.
Looking forward to a long and prosperous journey.

This guy also helped me make my decision: James Candelaria. Very pushy guy, I doubt he works for InterNACHI, calling me and 'interviewing" me for a few days now. He said he offered free InterNACHI membership.
When I started asking questions, how his program works- joining him vs joining directly with InterNACHI, etc- he got irritated and said he wasn’t in the business of convincing people, and ultimately hung up on me.

I’ve attached part of the correspondence between us:

***James Candelaria <hioabusinessdevelopment@gmail.com>
To:
XXXXX

Aug 14 at 3:29 PM

Congratulations! This is the first step to becoming a Master Home Inspector. You deserve this change.

AFTER REVIEWING YOU MUST RESPOND “James I am ready”
THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I WILL CALL YOU

Please click on the following link and listen to the 5 minute Home Inspector
corporate overview call:

Home Inspector Certification | Home Inspector Association - InterNACHI .com

State Rules on Inspecting.
Here’s the rules on home inspecting, just click on your state:
IIS 7.5 Detailed Error - 404.0 - Not Found tateregs/stateregs.htm

Home Inspector Training Curriculum.

1. Safe Practices for the Home Inspector
  2. 25 Standards Every Inspector Should Know
  3. Residential Plumbing Inspection
  4. Residential Electrical Inspection
  5. Roofing Inspection
  6. HVAC Inspection
  7. Structural Issues
  8. Exterior Inspection
  9. Communication and Customer Service for Inspectors
  10. Attic, Insulation, Ventilation and Interior
  11. Deck Inspection
  12. Moisture Intrusion Inspection
  13. Inspecting Foundation Walls and Piers
  14. Advanced Radon measurement Service Provider (Optional)

We look for individuals that are motivated and see the potential to make a great living in this industry!

James Candelaria
Home Inspectors Team
Business Development

Thanks again, and I am looking forward to gaining as much knowledge as possible!

1 Like

I am new to home inspection. I took all the classes and the exam I signed up through HIOA and have paid them almost 300$ I am not listed anywhere. I pasted the exam and all the classes two weeks ago.
What to do next
Lisa

1 Like

Wow, a blast from the past.

Why do people fall for these scams?

They fall for them because they do not do their homework and many times looking for an easy way.

1 Like

I know the pain. This is “Advatage Media”. Psychos with this calling.

Wow just an update here like 4 years later. Crazy. It turns out that this James guy is still in the business of scamming and has set up a new website called US Home Inspectors Training - https://ushomeinspectortraining.com/.

He’s using the same $55 a month membership fee and he has been texting me from the same 303-437-0042 number that someone else posted above years ago!!! I cannot believe it because I spoke to him yesterday and he makes it seem like it’s a big company the way he set it up via the job post on CL. I thought he was just some sales person working for the company.

I spoke to him yesterday and he seemed like a nice guy, I can’t believe after doing my homework that I came across this post today, and that it’s the same guy but he’s got a new name and website now compared to what he was using before.

I literally asked him for links to reviews today and he refused to send me any, just like others mentioned earlier!! He won’t reply now, LOL. Red flag, that’s what got me thinking it’s not legit - and this matches exactly what the others said above.

Anyways, thank god I didn’t give this guy any money but I wanted to update here just in case anyone else comes across his new website - do not be fooled!

1 Like

I am a little surprised at this last posting. I work with US Home Inspector Training and have
had a good experience. I also use Internachi for my continuing education.
James was very professional and I never felt pressured. He was very informed of the process
and answered all my questions. I was even able to talk with one of there current inspectors.
James only works for the company because I have talked to member services and I have a regional
manager. I received everything I needed to get started inspecting.
Things that are needed like the online training, my state website listing, access to software for
my reports and the insurance as well as lots of help with leads and marketing. I hope you have the
same experience as me.

How about posting a link to your “website listing”?
Also, what State are you located in?