I have to think it is just Canada being behind some modern protection systems .
I will stay on top of this and see what more information I can gather .
Fire sprinkler systems aren’t just for apartment or office buildings anymore. Today any home can have one these high-tech, life-saving devices designed to extinguish fires in a flash.
Home fire sprinkler systems, in fact, can contain and may even stop a fire in less time than it takes for the fire department to arrive. Here are some other important reasons why you should consider getting one.
Some Surprising Facts
- Installing both smoke alarms and a home fire sprinkler systems reduces your risk of dying in a home fire by 82 percent.
- Only the sprinkler closest to the fire will activate, spraying water directly on the fire. Ninety percent of fires are contained by the operation of just one sprinkler.
- Nationally, on average, home fire sprinkler systems add 1 to 1.5 percent of the total building cost in new construction.
- The odds of accidental sprinkler discharging due to manufacturing defect are 1 in 16 million.
- Modern residential sprinklers are inconspicuous and can be mounted flush with walls or ceilings.
- Home fire sprinklers use only a fraction of the water used by a fire department hose.
- Having a home fire sprinkler system may reduce your homeowners insurance premium.
For more information on home fire sprinkler systems, visit www.homefiresprinkler.org.
Plan Your Escape
Even with home fire sprinklers, the same fire safety rules apply. When you hear a smoke alarm, get out fast. To increase your family’s chances of survival during a fire, be sure to: