Homeadvisor Harassment

No questions here just wanted to vent about how pushy the Homeadvisor salespeople are in my area (Michigan). I feel like someone is trying to sell me a timeshare or something. After telling the guy this morning about six times I was not interested I basically had to hang up on him. Then I got a call this afternoon about why I said no this morning. Holy hell! I am trying to be nice but come on.

3 Likes

Harassment is correct; My construction business has been getting calls from them ever sense they started up, at least 7-8 years ago or more. Tried everything to get them to stop even told them I didn’t have the business anymore but we still get calls from them. Any advise to get them to stop let me know.

They call me every day, I have asked them to stop, they just keep calling

File a complaint with the FCC and state that they are harassing you even after you have informed them you are not interested in their service. The next time someone calls, take the call and ask “To whom am Speaking with? Bob? What is your last name Bob and your are with…? Ah, yes…I have filed a complaint with the FCC regarding harassing phone calls from this company. I will add you and this number to the existing complaint. Thanks and have a good day…” CLICK!!

7 Likes

When words don’t work…

5 Likes

My company policy is never do business with one that solicits me first. Seems I says that at least three times a day.

3 Likes

Welcome to our forum, Tad!..Enjoy! :smile:

I like your idea. I have an uncle that when asked by a telemarketer if “Mr Thompson” is available he tells them one second I will go get him and just sets the phone down and continues about his day.

I will never sign up with them just because they are so annoying.

2 Likes

That works good. I know it only took 3 or 4 times and I was off their call list.

1 Like

I asked to speak to their supervisor. They will usually reply he/she isn’t here (duh, they all work from home), or isn’t available (how do you know), etc. I said find them, I can wait. Do not allow them to tell you they will have them call back. Make them (waste their time also) and stay on the phone with you until they find a supervisor, and then do a 3-way call. Make them stay on the call with you and the manager. Tell the supervisor that you want to be on the do not call list, and that you are tired of the harassment. Get the supervisor’s name. Always write down the caller’s name, date, and time of call so you can lodge a complaint against them later if anyone ever calls again. It’s great with you can show a long history of actual calls. Be aware that they record every call, and transcribe most calls word for word and have it in “your file”. When they call you they don’t always have your file up on the screen, but they can pull it up and see every previous call and see exactly what was said by all parties. Never talk to anyone but a supervisor or manager, even if they tell you they are one…ask to speak to their supervisor or manager. Once I talked to the manager, the weekly calls stopped. Good luck.

1 Like

I have for years barked like a dog when they won’t take no for an answer, they put me on the psycho list and stop calling. I end up laughing instead of being annoyed

1 Like

When the last one called and asked for Daniel Melton, I told him that “sorry, this is his brother and that Daniel passed away a couple of weeks ago.” That’s the last call I have had. That also works well with other telemarket calls as well. Claiming to be dead has worked well for me

2 Likes