HomeAdvisor use

Hi, Has anyone had experience with HomeAdvisor. I was wondering if it is worth working with them? Any thoughts?

Kent Chittenden, CPI
Golden Eagle Home Inspections
Montana

I just started my business about a year ago. I signed on. There are a lot of pros and cons. I would say I am at the break even point with them at making money. There are a lot of leads that do not answer or get back to you. You have to be agressive to get your credits for bad leads.

Hi Kent

I had some experience with them and they seem to be good at one thing (taking your money)! I would not advise it.

A Google search “home advisor nachi.com” returns links to many threads at this forum on this subject.

It is obvious from the leads I pursue that HA does very little to assure that leads are valid and sent to the correct professional. Why should they? The inspector pays regardless. The refund policy is arbitrary and inconsistent. The quality of the consumer ranges from good to awful.

I go through stretches where I wonder if I will ever get an actual decent lead through them, then things seem to improve. Overall, my renewed New Year’s resolution is to up my game for SEO and Realtor referrals and turn off the HA lead flow.

I have been using them for a few months now. SO far the leads are poor match, typically far away, up to 100 miles one way. As some one said the matching is horrible! I sometimes think there not even real leads. As far as I am concerned if you have money to burn their great. I have stopped the leads for now.

Thank you for all the replies. I really appreciate the responses. I decided to pass on doing anything with Home Advisor. Thanks again. Kent

Good reading…smart man. :slight_smile:

I’ve had plenty of experience with them callin me unsolicited using fake phone numbers in my area code. Unethical business.