HomeGauge video report

Russ, I think you’re missing what John is talking about. He’s using ISN because HG doesn’t do what he’s talking about. If it did, I doubt he’d be paying for it twice.

John, that icon looks great. Very professional to have that on your agents phone. Nice work!

Is that a custom app? I’ve been contacted recently by an outfit that says they created a custom app for me based on my website. It’s free to download, or I can pay a fee to have it actually available in the app store. I haven’t really had a chance to actually look at it.

No, it is technically a “wrapper” for a custom mobile website. The logo is mine that is added with the “short cut.” I am not sure that I would have an app made anymore, when a mobile website can do the same much better. The only issue is, you must be able to connect.

The app allows: viewing of all reports done with them, schedule appointments, update their profile, or call and email with a single click. With all that, having my logo on their phone is priceless.

Actually Dom your link refers to desktop safari so you are way off.

Here is our stats for one month. Believe them or not:
Safari on iOS devices and Safari on Mac add up to 26%. We probably have lots more of iOS because agents use iPhones and iPads lots.

1. Internet Explorer Windows 34.67%
  2. Safari iOS 18.85%
  3. Chrome Windows 18.72%
  4. Chrome Android 7.73%
  5. Firefox Windows 6.74%
  6. Safari Macintosh 5.49%

Adobe reader …lol = 0

Actually Dom I was aware of what John was talking about. Different marketing techniques and apps are an extra step. Our agents click on the email link with their phone and watch videos in their reports. Something they can’t do with bulky pdf’s

How do you do that? Can you point me in the right direction?

They can definitely click the links on their phone and view the PDF’s, though you’re right the video won’t play on a phone. Though it’s not likely someone watches on a 4" screen though. Have you looked at what reports look like on a phone? Having video play on a phone will be resolved shortly though, don’t worry!

So you’re actually referring to the 19% of people on Safari iOS, not 33% as there’s no issue on Safari desktop. Stay tuned :mrgreen:

Adobe Reader isn’t a web browser. It won’t show in your stats!

There’s definitely advantages and disadvantages to both systems. Our goal Russ, is to overcome them :wink:

Are you using HG services?

You can add a shortcut to a web page on the homescreen of a phone, it will use the favicon.ico file as the icon.

Yes, I am using HG services. So you can give this shortcut to other people for their phone?

I am not sure how HG services works(I have it but do not use it), but you could place a shortcut on any phone to any website. HG may require a log-in.

Dom, are there any plans for HIP to ever be both PDF and HTML?

You never know what the future may bring :mrgreen:

I’m living the future with HG :mrgreen:

John,

I use ISN as well - Is this app through them or did you set it up on your own?
I have a mobile version of my site already.

Your buyer and or agent will check their email on their phone and click on the link. So then you don’t need an app for a reason to access a report as it would be an extra step for them not necessary with our model.

lol…yes you are Robert. And the future looks bright for HG too! Maybe one day our competitors will realize PDF’s are boat anchors.

You’re living on another planet if you think a 3mb pdf is large! Too many awesome perks with pdfs that html just can’t do.

Gee I wonder why Russell still offers PDF ?

How does a HTML report look printed out or saved off line ?

HG provides BOTH web presentations in html or pdf.

PDF’s are for saving a document. Our agents and buyers can save a pdf from an html report. PDF’s are for printing and printing is a dying concept. But either way they can do both with HomeGauge and our users know the power of a web presentation over pdf.

Also HIP users are spending time loading up a PDF report with a video that 27 percent (approx. counting android users as well as ios) of their buyers will try to view viedo on their phone but can’t because its a pdf. Waste of time for both inspector and agent and buyer. HomeGauge web presentations work on all phones with video and yes they do watch video on their phone, ipad and tablet because our stats prove it.

Videos in pdf are not going to take off.

I never said 3mb was large. But you can post a link to a pdf with pictures and several videos and I’d like to see it total 3mb.

Here’s a link that loads fast and it has loads of videos that a pdf report cannot come close to replication because of the file size.

91142 / HomeBuyers Inspection HBI / Russell Buchanan

Oh yea the expanding pictures to Hi-res when clicked on is sexy cool because it doesn’t make the whole report too large to read like a pdf. Click on any picture to see how cool our web presentations are.