Homeowner Insurance Underwriting

I have been asked to conduct an Insurance inspection of a roof. Just looking for direction. Do I inspect the roof using my home inspection for or is there a different form I should ask for. Should I look to see about certification in my state of California?
thanks guys

Ask whoever contacted you if they have a standardized form (usually online) they use. I frequently perform inspections for Nationwide, and they (like many others) utilize online software programs. If not, find out what format they prefer so you can customize your report.