Horrible Disaster at Lac Mégantic

Here is an example!

Every province has had their political party that is less than prefect.
I hope it all ends soon. It takes another 6 to 9 months before the gear’s start turning and the investors come on board again.

I was only pointing an evident fact and really do NOT need your BS, PURELY VINDICTIVE CRAP and whatever else you can manufacture in your rather regrettable state of mind, period!

And IF you’d only do some RESEARCH, you’d stop putting out such RUBBISH!

SIDEBAR: I can’t understand your problems with joining ASHI! Unless they’ve dramatically changed the rules, it should be a straightforward step with someone of your qualifications.

G

I agree. The use of the word registered caught me off guard.
I am a registered and incorporated business I explained.
I am awaiting a reply.

As for the rail regulations, there are many types of freight. The news has been talking about Quebec last 2 single engineer lines from the start.
The type of freight they are allowed to haul is what makes them unique.
Ottawa approved having only one engineer on ill-fated train. Any province could and should bring this up.
Québec Exercises Jurisdiction Over Local Railways Such as Commuter Trains
The Parliament of Canada exercises exclusive jurisdiction over extraprovincial railways and local railways deemed to be of general benefit to Canada.
Like the other provinces, Québec may legislate in respect of other local railways. The abandonment by major national railway companies of rail lines favours their operation as inter provincial railway companies under provincial jurisdiction. For this reason, Québec’s involvement is growing with respect to safety questions pertaining to the network of shortline railways.

Shared Areas of Federal-Provincial Jurisdiction

Some areas of responsibility are shared by both levels of government. For example, in the area of transportation, the federal government has jurisdiction in matters involving movement across provincial or international borders (aviation, marine transport and rail), whereas the provinces look after provincial highways, vehicle registration and driver licensing. Control over agriculture, immigration and certain aspects of natural resource management are also shared; but if federal and provincial laws in these areas conflict, the federal law prevails.
So the letter of the law allows fingers to be pointed.

As expressed this should have be in parliaments ear…

1. Railway Companies Under Provincial Railway Safety Jurisdiction 2**
    Quebec.short lines: •Chemins de fer Québec-Gatineau
    •La Compagnie du Chemin de fer de
    Québec Central
    •Chemin de fer Charlevoix
    •Corporation du Chemin de fer de la
    Gaspésie
    •Compagnie du Chemin de fer de
    l’Outaouais
    •Compagnie du Chemin de fer
    Lanaudière inc.

1 tourist train:
•Train à vapeur Hull-Chelsea Wakefield, operating on Compagnie du Chemin de fer de l’Outaouais track

3 industrial lines:
•La Compagnie de Chemin de fer Cartier
•La Compagnie du Chemin de fer Roberval-Saguenay
•Compagnie de Chemin de fer de la Rivière Romaine

PS: I am not being vindictive.
An honest answer may have rewarded you.
Now we will never know.
See I think secrecy is deplorable when every Quebec homie is involved.
no ore…No less.
Please remember G. I put no words in your mouth.

Robert,
PLEASE DO NOT ARGUE** as you are WRONG, PERIOD! I am really only interested in helping you with the ASHI membership and will be happy to do so, which has NOTHING to do with this thread!

G

Yes I see now I am wrong.
FACT: All such activity is regulated by Transport Canada and Québec has little or nothing to do with it!

FACT: There are no rules against leaving an unlocked, unmanned, running locomotive** and its flammable cargo on a main rail line uphill from a populated centre.**
The locomotive was shut down and the hand breaks applied.

FACT: There are no rules against one-person crews.
Agreed.

Please review you post G.

As explained, there are federal and provincial railway acts.Railway Safety Act
The Canadian rail system includes both federal and provincial railways. Railways that cross provincial boundaries are governed by federal legislation, while railways that operate strictly within the boundaries of the province are governed by provincial legislation.

Please show fact G.

No need for this…"you can manufacture in your rather regrettable state of mind, period!"
Please sir. debate or leave the thread.
I am not arguing.

When GOD inspires you, whenever that may be, please consider why I wrote! Until such a time, it is in your interest to engage in other matters, like tree farming…No more from me
G

Congressman Mike Michaud and Congresswoman Chellie Pingree say the Federal Railroad Administration will inspect the Montreal, Maine and Atlantic Railways’ equipment, operations and track in Maine. They’ll use in-person inspections and track inspection rail cars.

Federal Railroad Administration already have a car parked at the Guilford Industries yard here in Winslow.

Thank you Marcel.
I understand that Federal jurisdiction can trump provincial laws. I know the feds are looking into this.

Its a never ending insults form the pedigree of Quebec.

As for God inspiring Gilles:
Side bar seeing it has nothing to do with the thread.
Remember the 10 commandments Mr. Larin.
8: Thou shalt not steal.
**9: Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

GEE, a hope of reason…

G

BTW Marcel, I believe it was Mike Michaud who was interviewed on CJAD (Montreal Radio Station) and he speaks a very good French (contrary to some of my adversaries on this blog who live in Québec…) and he mentioned how aggressive his position would be towards finding out the truth! Bravo Mike!!!

<G

Sorry INACHI members.
I should no better.

NOW Robert, talk to me about your ASHI problems, perhaps off-air! I may be able to help and certainly want to!

G

Yes you should…:wink:

Excuse the off thread answer members.

Thank you for the offer Mr. Larin.
We will talk openly one day.

SIDE NOTE: I reached out before and on several occasions.
Its a bitter pill to swallow to hear dead silence.
I always move forward sir using past for reflection.

On topic: I will contact a recognised senior member ASHI and other inspector colleagues that I know in the US.
I do not think Canadian members cut ice although you being a PHPIC and NHICC member would allow a formidable response.

It could be a clerical mistake. I will allow ASHI some time to reply.

I was totally unprepared for the reply having engaged in post membership conversations prior this. I would not have wasted my time and efforts but they would have received the same reply.

I know there is no love loss with INACHI. all association have mistakes. Some try and move forward.

Best regards.
Robert

The offer still stands and has nothing to do with other matters!

G

Thank you.
I am busy working G. In August.

Regards Robert.