Horse property

Originally Posted By: tallen
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

What is the distance required between a stable and the residence?

I have put the past behind me,

where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: jrice

Five Feet further then smell. Can be closer if wind direction is consistent. icon_razz.gif

Originally Posted By: rsonneson

I know of no requirement for distance from buildings. Every location may have different requirments from how far building housing animals needs to be from any well system but I know of no distance from other buildings.

Bob Sonneson

American Home Inspection Technologies

Originally Posted By: dbowers

It depends on whether you’re stabling Clydesdales, Shetland Ponies, or Hollywood Cuties. Cuties get stabled very close - Clydesdales NOT SO.

Originally Posted By: dbush

Todd, there is a house just outside here that has the house, indoor riding arena and stables all in one location and under one roof.

Dave

--
Dave Bush
MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Originally Posted By: tallen

The reason I asked this question is cuz I was called about doing an inspection for a very large horse property,and after it was set up I thought I remembered something from school about how close a stable can be to a dwelling. Well, you are right there is no such zoning requirement. What I was thinking of was the the min. setback from any residence on an abutting property which is Fifty feet.

I don't feel to bad at least I remembered part of it. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Thanks for the response.

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: tschwalbe

Down here in Florida I dont think there are any requirements. I have seen many living quarters and houses directly above the stables. These are no shacks with the best of every thing.