Hose pipe near exterior outlet

Can anyone supply the code reference for the correct distance an exterior hose pipe should be from an outlet? I’m seeing new construction with them about 2 feet apart. One city inspector passed it the other says he would not.:neutral:

There is no provision for this. . .

As Jeff said, there is NO national restriction as to separation. I would be very surprised if there was a local requirement also.

I would be very curious as to the one inspector’s justification for failing it.

The inspector did not state any code reference, but said they needed to be at least 15 feet apart.

That could prove to be very difficult. . .

If he could not cite a code refrence where did he get the 15’ number from?

More interpretation of a rule that does not exist?

I agree with Jeff and Speedy…

While the NEC does not mandate anything regarding this…I would guess you are speaking of new construction which tells me the receptacle is in need of a cont. use cover probably…but beyond that nothing to dis-allow it unless it is a local thing…might be a Personal thing from the AHJ…which you could fight…

Maybe he is confused with the issues with service panels having other systems within its dedicated space…lol…maybe he is simply confused…lol…

Geez, I wonder what the inspector’s demands are for interior receptacles near plumbing fixtures.:shock:

I could interpret it as 1-5 feet away !!!

Mic

This guy must really like to see long washing machine hoses and I don’t know how he gets by that sprayer on the kitchen sink.