Hot PIC of consumer with big "We'll Buy Your Home Back" Guarantee check.

I love pic and it will help to bring more customer to us!!

Jaco Cho, CPI
www.DetaiHomeInspection.com
281-748-0566

It’s getting passed around from agent to agent to agent, all over the real estate industry. A picture is worth 1,000 words!

Most structural issues seem to cause buyers remorse. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nick …

This great for many parties including great PR for iNACHI, you, guys in the program, but a question … When you have something like this come up, are you having the 1st inspector get more inspection training to recognize these type issues so it does not happen again. Was he a trained inspector to start with and something or the clues were hid, disguised, not visible or was he just someone that started walking & talking with no real training of sorts?

Not seeing the first report and the second inspector having the advantage of knowing the issue perhaps changes the big picture.
Even the second report from the images does not seem to necessarily present a mind blowing deal killer.
A typical foundation crack and a little area of drywall cracking might be all many of us would notice .

The whole deal with feeling crack under basement carpet and slightly off level door frame might potentially go un-noticed by any of us.

Feel I am descent at what I do and perhaps might have only observed the foundation crack in need of attention by a contractor. Just never know as we are all Monday morning Quarterbacks.

Getting close to 10 years and fingers stay crossed.

Now I’m torn. This has me considering using the program. Hmmmm…

No one caught the issue (I wouldn’t have either) until after the consumer moved in. It’s arguably outside of a home inspector’s responsibility. But again, that’s usually where the arguments in our industry begin… over whether the inspector should have found something or not. Nearly every huge battle over a home inspection boils down to that, and right or wrong, a huge battle can ruin a home inspector’s local reputation. InterNACHI’s Buy Back Guarantee not only prevents such battles… it protects, even strengthens everyone’s professional reputation. It really is a win-win-win.

Nick, you’re right. Buyers get supposed remorse about weird things AND the “Buy Back” Option can take the piss out of a pissing contest.

Got a local inspector getting slammed by an angry home buyer because on their 90 year old house he did NOT tell them that some of their storm windows were newer 2 piece metal storm / screen windows. Most of their storm windows were the original wood 1 piece storm where the whole thing got changed from wood storm to wood screen when seasons changed.

According to them, IF they’d known that … they’d have either NEVER bought the house OR negotiated with seller to HAVE all storms the old type. WHERE do these type whiny babies BS artists come from?

Do buyers want a warranty with a home inspection? YES.

Do the vast majority of inspectors offer a warranty? NO.

If you ask 1000 home buyers if they would like a warranty, that is really true and will buy back the home if the inspector misses something… how many would say YES?

What home buyer in their right mind would say NO to such a warranty?

This is not a scam, but a solid and trust worthy warranty that offers to buy back a home!!! It baffles the mind to think such a warranty is even possible, but here it is. Wow.

As Nick has explained numerous time the Home Buy Back program is NOT a Warranty. If fact the way I’ve read it Nick kind of despises Warranties.

The Buy Back program is a Guarantee, much different than a warranty.

Christopher is correct.

The Buy Back Guarantee’s main benefit isn’t damage control (although it is awesome at doing that too as you can see by the PIC I posted)… it is marketing. It is a marketing tool.

A warranty is not. A warranty has a negative connotation and is something you buy to cover incompetence.

Conversely, a guarantee is a marketing term that exudes confidence in your abilities. The cocky NFL quarterback Joe Namath became famous for answering a question about whether his team could win Super Bowl III. Being so confident in his abilities, he replied: “I guarantee it.”

That’s the kind of quarterback I would want. And that’s the kind of home inspector I would want.

So you recommend Inspectors not use it as an E@O substitute.

It would be like thinking Obama Care actually covers routine checkups.

Found out that isn’t true.

The purpose of E&O insurance is to cover your defense attorney’s fees so that your attorney can fight your client who is likely suing the agent that referred you as well (real good for repeat business, huh? :roll:)

Conversely, InterNACHI’s Buy Back program provides a happy ending, thus protecting everyone’s professional reputation. It’s a no brainer.

I offer the Buy Back. I also carry E&O.

I hope to never use either.

But it’s nice to know I have both should something ever arise.

I posted a short blog article based on the photo.

Thank you Nick.

Great advertising Nick.

This is as funny as a barrel of monkeys I was one of the first 10 to sign up for the buy back program and took a little heat for doing so. We all know it is just a scam so I was told. I must say I saw the big picture and put a little more trust in the leadership of this org than the nay sayers in the beginning, Now they want to jump on board. :roll:

Nice Ian.

OK… use the word Guarantee, if you like.

I haven’t listed the home yet. If anyone wants it, I’ll finance it for you. $133K, 6%, nothing down, no credit check (as long as you are an InterNACHI member), I’ll pay your closing costs. You can go get a regular mortgage anytime you want. No rush.

Here is a video of the home: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npznnCo0IYI&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1