Hot PICs of InterNACHI University complex which will contain the House of Horrors.

Docks for delivery of HVAC systems, training displays, and supplies for building the House of Horrors.

This is where the House of Horrors will be constructed.

The doors to the left lead to the first retail location of Inspector Outlet.Students and visitors can tryout different reporting software packages, Spectoscopes, inspection tools, meters, flashlights, and infrared cameras on an actual house (the House of Horrors) right next door.

The House of Horrors will be intentionally modified to include:

• improperly wired outlets;
  • plumbing code violations;
  • an electrical service full of issues;
  • 16 different sidings & stucco exterior finishes;
  • 31 different roofing systems;
  • cut-away drywall to expose framing members;
  • environmental hazards;
  • various types of insulation systems;
  • improper gutter/downspout systems;
  • heating systems with defects;
  • three different water heating systems;
  • green building features;
  • over 190 different safety concerns;
  • an infrared training wall and roofing system with manipulated water leaks and electrical issues;
  • a sprinkler to simulate rain on the roof;
  • safety glass;
  • drainage;
  • roof penetrations;
  • notches and holes in joists;
  • a full masonry chimney;
  • damaged and clogged sewer lines for sewer scope training;
  • common code violations;
  • a full-size septic system with tanks;
  • vents;
  • crawlspaces that student can actually enter;
  • egress violations;
  • clothes dryer problems;
  • TPR discharge valves;
  • energy loss issues;
  • an exterior “deck of horrors” with dozens of issues;
  • a set of stairs with a deck for visiting inspectors to access the roof and chimney;
  • firewall issues;
  • appliances;
  • elderly, child, and pet safety issues;
  • improperly installed radon mitigation system;
  • a full kitchen with defects;
  • a full bathroom with defects; and
  • a glass floor that allows students to see the structure.

We’ll be creating a ladder safety training area too.

Well have individual cut-away system and component displays.

This is our enormous infrared inspection training wall (with real water leaks). Look at the height of the water valves to get an idea of how tall this wall is! We have drains in the floor for the intentional water leaks, various types of insulation, heating ducts, and electrical lines. Inspector Outlet will have infrared cameras on hand for students and visitors to play with. Water leaks are controlled and altered by a set of valves accessible to the instructor.

wow wish I lived closer

Computer report writing lab.

We have a full kitchen and lunchroom for students and visitors. The lunchroom has a huge round community table and literature stands full of industry vendor brochures and InterNACHI’s inspection textbooks.

The complex will also be available for free to all InterNACHI members as a film set to produce custom online video commercials that promote their inspection businesses. Perfect studio lighting, perfect audio, and in-house editing room.

InterNACHI University and InterNACHI’s House of Horrorsthe inspection capitol of the world!

More than 3 dozen major newspapers and magazines have agreed to send reporters to do a story on the House of Horrors.

We are asking the Boy Scouts of America to approve an inspection merit badge. We’ll be making the complex available to all Boy Scout Troops.

Wow.

As a scout who made Eagle, I think this is outstanding!

I would collect some old items that some younger HI’s have never seen, but may be seen in an older home. Examples of knob-tube, aluminum, dial phone, fused panels, etc. Might be good even for local school tours for kids. Fun. You have a good membership that can donate old electrical panels, faucets, etc.

Nick this came to me yesterday, one of your suggestions for marketing was hanging all of our certificates on a wall and holding some of them and taking a pic with the caption so many certifications, ran out of room to hang them. Or something like that. I always wanted to do that but there is no wall in my house even close to being large enough to hang all the certificates. So how about a video wall that each inspectors actual certificates could be brought up on and get that pic for marketing.

I like that idea Dave.

My son Nikolai is an Eagle Scout too.