Hot Water Heater condition

The hot water heater is at, near or over the estimated life expectancy. The unit currently produces hot water and no leaks are observed. Recommend observation and repair or replace as needed.

This should be posted in the education section. And if you post this information, expect us to correct it as needed so people are not mislead.

The water heater is approximately 18 years old and is considered past its expected useful life span which is 10-15 years. The unit was operational and producing hot water at the time of inspection.

Furthermore, what is up with the electrical wire?

2 Likes

JMO and wording;

" The water heater may be consider nearing the normal standard of a functional life expectancy. The approximate age of the water heater is ______ based on the ______. This is at/ or above the average. Although producing sufficient temperatures at the time of inspection, budgeting for future replacement should be considered."

4 Likes

Or what @tglaze said :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve noticed a lot of “educational” post being directed to specific categories. Not sure it’s something on the class end or not. Seems that Julie had the same situation going one earlier this year…IDK…

1 Like

Yes the class says to post to the community forum. For feedback I guess. Sorry for the all the posts. Almost done. Thx for your patience. And again thx for the suggestions.

2 Likes

The topic I chose was the age and operating condition of the unit for the class. And yes the class said to post to the community forum for feedback. Almost done with the glass. Thx for your patience.

Not a problem. Maybe consider titling your post “practice narrative for course study, Water heater”

Press on and best of luck.

1 Like

As I posted yesterday in another of his threads… there is a specific section students are required to post in… NOT the general sections of the MB!!

2021-07-23_224039

3 Likes

I’m actually shocked… I expected to see about 100 angry posts about a CMI calling it a hot water heater? The ‘angry ones’ have let me down.

1 Like

Actually, some of us have questioned that he is even a CMI in other threads.

2 Likes

It’s a cold water heater, right? There’s no need to heat hot water!

1 Like

So it’s working and no leaks were observed but you want to recommend an “observation” to repair or replace it. May I ask why?
If it’s working and you don’t see anything wrong with it what are they going to repair?

1 Like

FYI - The water heater is at the end of the common lifespan for this type unit. Units like this have a typical lifespan of about 10-15 years. It was functional at this time. Continue to use and service the unit until replacement is needed OR upgrade and replace it now.

1 Like

Or:
The water heater is at the end of the common lifespan for this type of unit.
Extended lifetimes are possible with replacement of the anode rod, at or about the original unit warranty. If one waits too long the anode rod connection will rust and be impossible to remove.