House of a thousand tales

Home is a 1910 Main beam is a dimensional 2 x 4 laid flat
Joists are dimensional 2 x 10 spanning 15’ and notched,cut drilled and mutilated …
These sit on a Cripple wall which is leaning due to the block foundation below bulging inward …

Areas have a true V forming where the lower foundation is coming inward and the plate for the cripple headed the other direction.

All the while the joists are riding this wave…

There’s so much wrong I can’t note it all as I have to get these reports done and I’m booked solid all week already with two a day …

I’ll just let the pics do the talking …

Have fun …

I’m telling them to call in an engineer I’m not signing on this one…

These pics do not display the true nature of it,I should have laid my 48" or 60" level against it for a reference.

Hey John , Ya like this dry foundation ??

It’s a modern marvel

The bottom line is the agent didn’t call and let me in to set up the radon CRM because she didn’t like my opinion on this dump and my assesment of Aquaguard …

She spanked me for being an ethical Inspector…lol…

My turn…Here comes the report …

Yeah Nate usually I don’t agree with too much you have to say to be honest
But maybe I’ll tone it down on this one a bit …

She basicly went behind my back and told the clients all I said was wrong and that
The home is fine , nothing a lil Aquaguard won’t fix…
To make the sale after I left …
The place is falling down structurally and has already had the scam Dry Foundation
guys work their magic on it as you can see…

I was just a bit anxious to get the facts to my clients

Tired of jousting with an unethical Realtor

Looks like a WV mansion Kevin, it’s just missing the wheels and axles!

Realtors are definitely resorting to, or getting extremely close to unethical behavavior in this market and cureent sales environment. Have had some difficult communications in the past few weeks regarding some significant defects with certain realtors who then interject their own opinion and try to drive the sale forward. They simply want to get their 3-6% percent and know full well if their clients call after the fact , that they are just going to say, “oh jeez that sounds bad, you need to call your home inspector!” Oh, and by the way, he does have insurance for things like this you know"! Have a great day!