Houston Realtor Magazine Article

Originally Posted By: lcushwa
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I was lucky enough to have an article published in the January 2004 Houston Realtor magazine. http://houstonrealtor.har.com/DispArticle.cfm?ARTICLE_ID=2230

I also hope this brings some business my way.

Have a great day!

Lynn

Originally Posted By: rsummers

Lynn how did you approach them and offer to wright the article or did they contact you and ask for it.

Rolland,

I joined the Houston Association of Realtors, so I could have the use of a Supra key. By doing that I became an affiliate. They will consider your article and if it meets their approval, they publish it under the Affiliate Guest Column. I just felt it was a way of putting my name in front of the 15,000 realtors here in the Houston area. But, no one has referred me any inspections because of this article.

Have a great day.

Later,

Lynn

Originally Posted By: rsummers

That’s a good idea I think I will check and see if they have something similar in the publication that the Board Of Realtors in this area puts out. I think that the What Really Maters article would be a good item to get published.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Nice!

Nick

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

Congratulations. It’s a good thing to do.

I'm not sure how you are expecting to get any business out of it though. I couldn't find where they credited you with the article. Perhaps you should also ask them to provide the credit by listing the author at the bottom like they've done on the other articles there.

Keep pushing.

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: kleonard

Thanks for the great comments guys!

The article does have my name and company at the top of the article in the magazine. I just wish they would have also added my website!!!

Lynn