How hard is it to get leads?

I hope someone can answer this question, before I start spending a ton of money on tools and whatever else I need, I don’t want to go into debt for no reason. Can anyone tell me how hard it was/is to get leads or talk to real estate agents and lenders? Or offer any tips? I’m still taking my courses and am not certified yet, I have sent emails to some agents and lenders asking what they look for in home inspectors and so far no answer. I hear it’s pretty damn hard but I would like some honest opinions.

Thanks in advance!

Getting a few leads is easy.

Getting enough leads to sustain a living is something else. It takes a lot of work, time and persistence. And most importantly, some good planning.

If it was easy, everyone would do it. Per the National Association of Real Estate agents, 40% of Real Estate agent lasts less than 5 years. I suspect it’s about the same for Home Inspectors.

That said, there is an entire section of the forum here dedicated to marketing. My advice is read every thread in it. Twice.

Depends on you. It’s not easy, but it’s super simple. You’ll get out what you put into this businessz

Thanks! I know it’s not easy but I really do appreciate your feedback.

Thanks Ian!

Michael, do the basics at least. For example, add your web address to your message board signature. That’s a start. This website has 23 million unique visitors.

[quote=“imayer, post:2, topic:108842”]

Getting a few leads is easy.

Getting enough leads to sustain a living is something else. It takes a lot of work, time and persistence. And most importantly, some good planning.

If it was easy, everyone would do it. Per the National Association of Real Estate agents, 40% of Real Estate agent lasts less than 5 years. I suspect it’s about the same for Home Inspectors.

That said, there is an entire section of the forum here dedicated to marketing. My advice is read every thread in it. Twice./QUOTE]
Good advise!

Great! Thanks Nick

visit any and every marketing group in your area, such as BNIs. none may provide direct leads but you can learn from all the people there how they market and see what works and what doesn’t. It also helps build your name as a business

Thank you!

Unless you have plenty of cash to hold you over for a year or more don’t quit your day job.