How long would you carry your E&O.....

That would probably buy 95% of the homes in Texas!

? Ever been to Highland Park??

Yeah. Highland Park in Dallas and River Oaks in Houston make up for the other 5%. :slight_smile:

RR,
What do these followups consist of? A phone call? EMail? Do they ever get tired of hearing your voice? Or do you bring them a margeurita to go?
:cool:

Uh-oh (long-time readers should remember why).

I do my follow-up between the hours of midnight and 0600. Depending on my established rapport, I will call their office phone (where I always get voice mail) or send them an email. Both are the same:

“Hey, [name of person]. I just wanted to follow up to see if you, or anyone else, had any questions or if I can do anything else to help. Please feel free to contact me if I can do anything to help you at any time.”

They don’t seem to get tired, or at least I’ve never had anyone contact me and say,
“Will you please quit contacting me?”
or
“I’m really tired of hearing your voice.”
or
“I’m really tired of getting your emails.”

Instead, I get something similar to the following:

“Hi, Russel. Thanks for following up. I’ve never had anyone follow up on a home inspection before. What an awesome idea. We don’t have any questions, but we’ll call you if we do. Thanks, again.”

That one is from last Thursday, a Realtor who had never used me. Her Clients had a Referral Rewards check from a Client for whom I did an inspection on November 27, 2005. That didn’t sit well with the Realtor who had her own inspector of choice, and she was only too happy to let me know that at the inspection. Every five minutes, “The inspector I use would/would not have done…” It’s always tempting to say, “Shut the &(&$#$ up,” but my wise ol’ grandmother said, “Try to treat everyone with respect. You’ll win more friends that way.”

(The bold, underlined wise ol’ grandmother is at the suggestion of one of my Canadian friends. He enjoys my wise ol’ grandmother’s words of wisdom and said that he now looks for my posts that have my wise ol’ grandmother’s wisdom in them. He asked if I could bold and underline them to make it easier for him to find them. Sure! Hey, if he’s looking for my posts, is that stalking? :margarit:)