How many Home Inspector Licenses Will be Issued Under the Grandfather Clause?

Congrats Will!!!

My app # is 167, whatever that means.

It means your application is the 167 one that they have received. Your actual license number will be different from this number, probably smaller if there are no issues with your application.

Mine was 177 but I ended up with 110

My application # is 113, it’s approved but I don’ know what the license number is. How did you guys find that out?

Scratch that… I found it. I’m #104

As of this morning at 2:30 am (I couln’t sleep)
There are 105 licnesed Home Inspectors and 65 pending applications.
of those with licenses -
35 are Florida InterNACHI (12 applications pending)
28 are InterNACHI (14 applications pending)
42 are all other association (37 applications pending)

I am a NACHI certified Inspector. I have performed over 4,000 wind mitigation inspection through the MSFH program. Does anyone know what the qualifications are for a NACHI Inspector to perform Wind Mitigation Inspections with a State Of FL Wind Mitigation Certificate (from TWO separate classes with a passing grade of 100%) It is my understanding that carriers are requiring a GC, Architect or Engineer only to do the inspections. Any changes to this that anyone knows about or any future classes through NACHI to perform Wind Mitigation for carriers?

The courses that you have certificates in will first have to be approved by the State. Both InterNACHI and Bill Yorks class have been submitted to the State for approval, but know one knows for sure when they will be approved. Once these courses or others are approved by the State, then a Florida State Licensed Home Inspector will be allowed to sign off on wind mits provided they have also taken and passed the exam for one of these training courses.

My application was submitted on 8/6/10 and approved on 8/11/10.
Application # 210. Should have the license in about 2 weeks.
What happens if you are a sub chapter S corp, how does one get that approved as a home inspection company? Do any of you know. The guy at DBPR’s customer no service couldn’t give me any answer.

I would think that it is the same process as a Contractor that is qualifying a corporation. Don’t expect to get an answer from the “customer no service”. I believe it has to do with filing a “doing buisiness under a fictitious name” and registering with the DBPR. I am going to look into this, as i may need to do the same for my Limited Liability Co.

I believe that if falls under qualifying business license also know as a QB license. The state just did away with them. You just need your license. I have yet to renew. They did away with the QB right after I got mine, so I had to pay for both contractors and qb :twisted:

My license number is #135 woo hoo.

Here is what DBPR sent me re Sub S or LLC

Thank you for contacting the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
The department will only license individual Home inspectors. If you are or want to operat a home inspection business it dose not require a license however everyone who performs home inspections is required to have a license as described in Chapter 468, Part XV F.S. I hope this has helped however if you should have any further assistance please call us at 850-487-1395.
[FONT=Tahoma] [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]From:[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma] JEM7151@aol.com [mailto:JEM7151@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 12:04 PM
To: Website Feedback
Subject: HI Licensing[/FONT]

Hey Everyone,

What are the rules for granfathering in inspectors? Is a home inspection certificate and associated enough? Thanks:roll:

#666 Is still up for grabs… Lucky dog. :smiley:

#176 came in the mail today. :wink:

“How many Licenses Issued Under Grandfathering?”

All of them!

ROFL I love those DUHHH answers:p

Kenneth,

I know it was a stupid questions and pretty much I was responding to all others that would say “Hurry and granfather your Home Inspection certificate to be grandfather in” So, I was wondering hurry for what if they will probably will all be grandfather in when they submit all that is needed to be granfather in for state Lic. before March 2011. I see you have your # already. Qusetion: Did you take the protored exam before sending all docs to the state? I am asking cause some say they did and other did not???

You cant get your license until you have taken a proctored test and have 14 verifiable hours of education, or submit you 120 inspection address and have some type of proof of three years in business. The sad part is anyonw with $1000 can get licensed just by passing an exam. We are going to have a lot of inspectors out there with no experience, and who do you think we have to thank for that?