How many things

Silverware rack is out of the dishwasher!

2 Likes

Nice mouse entrance hole beside the drainpipe, they will eat well, :rat: :grinning:

2 Likes

The main thing I noticed was a negative slope and there doesn’t seem to be any actual plumbing with pvc pipe… aside from that the high loop exists which is good but absence is not always a problem if the manufacturer includes a high loop in the dishwasher itself at least it is on the correct side of the p trap…

The slope is the main problem I see but I’m a new inspector would need to research the orange thing … On edit I realize it is a level you placed there…if the slope were corrected I’d say does it function and is it safe

But I’m still not up and running… Its taking forever to get set up… I enjoy these posts

Hello Dustin, just FYI, the high loop is required regardless of the “built-in” loop on the machine. In fact, manufacturer’s will recommend or require a loop in their install instructions. Unless there is a receptor with an air-gap, which I have never seen in a residential kitchen.

I see a bit of PVC with the correct amount of glue showing.

3 Likes

Absolutely. So who’s going to pull the dishwasher during an inspection to verify the manufacturers high loop is there? That loop doesn’t meet the height requirements anyway. The point is the final connection to discharge needs a method of protecting the appliance from contamination.

1 Like

My understanding, and correct me if I am wrong. The loop must be higher than the lowest part of the sink basin in order to prevent back-flow siphoning.

3 Likes

Yes it must come as close as possible to the bottom of the countertop and be fastened.

2 Likes

I was probably over thinking it…thanks for your advice

1 Like