Can you please explain? What is “MB”?

All the Vermin on the Message Board.

7 Likes

Evening, Samam.
Hope this post finds you well.
Junior Fudge got it right. Message Board. Why? Junior Fudge, You’re The Best!"

2 Likes

Glad to see you are feeling better, Roy! :grin:

Saman - You are going to run into critters, spiders and webs no matter where you live. The critters will vary based on latitude, but all areas have the. When you consider we have built homes in their habitat…A home is just a warm and dry place for a rodent to move into. I probably see them on 40-50% of my jobs. For the NW, mice, rats and the occasionally rare raccoon. The guys in the South seem to get a bit more variety with snakes and stuff (NO THANKS). Either way, I think this gets to the more important side…You will get used to them and just keep clear. Get a good respirator as Hantavirus and other things are a real thing. And just remember, you are not a real inspector until you are in a crawl and you happen to put your hand on a dead rat body because you are looking up at post and beams…Not a good feeling.

1 Like

For myself, the critters are not as bad as encountering a Yellow Jacket of wasp nest in the attic, under a deck, etc. The Yellow Jackets can be especially mean!

4 Likes

When I was visiting my Aunt and Uncle on their lake, I got stung over 100 times and I swelled a little but didn’t go to the hospital many miles away.

Ever since then, a bee, hornet, wasp sting feels like a mosquito bite with no ill effects.

I must have built up an immunity back then.

Yeah, I’m happy! :grinning:

4 Likes

I was on a ladder on a gable end near a louver and was attacked by yellow jackets and down the ladder I went like a fireman, Stung around a dozen times, And off to the emergency room I went, I blew up like a balloon. :face_with_head_bandage:

3 Likes

How many times has anyone run into the fake snake stuck someone place (usually a porch etc)? A couple times here. I smiled however when I about stepped on the real snake cruising across the yard away from the HVAC condenser (same house as the fake snake), it was quite a … pucker moment … then a chuckle and back to walking the exterior.

That look like a doggy door with a flap!?

Might have rodents in your attic. LOL

Enjoying mine from the same mug… Great way to start the morning.

1 Like