How Often?

Pay attention to people like Condo Bob (he makes big money, has 3 websites and is his own boss)

Who’s Condo Bob??

Funny Linas
Thats his nick name for me.
I get alot of Condo biz off my sitesAdam.
I think you should listen to him though as his site hit page one the other day.
Plus he has a cool camera with rainbow pics.

Check out www.reporthost.com and look at their field notes section. Good starting point.

I got did an inspection today because the guy liked my rainbow color pictures.

That’s great…LOL… what kinda cam do you have that does rainbow pics?

hey Rob, having the multiple sites, does that increase your business, and are the sites different?

You don’t need a special camera to see rainbow colors;) :wink: And you don’t have to pee in a bottle when you’re the boss!!!

–lol–

Hahaha…
ok enough of that.
Adam my links are right below.
I am talking about his Flir IR

Plate for Infrared Inspectors? :wink:
http://desertpride.com/catalog/images/Rain.bmp

97.2% are at the inspection,
6.7% follow me around,
95.3% stay for a verbal wrap-up,
98.1% don’t call with questions,
39.1% call to ask me for personal referrals,
and 34.9% call to ask if I can come to their house-warming party.

Adam, don’t even think about making yur OWN checklist from scratch without having done an inspection. Look up software on line, and find some free trials. Then you can either combine them into one cheat sheet or just find one that covers everything. My thinking is that if you make your own, you are going to miss things that need to be checked. Just make sure that whatever cheat sheet you go with it is thorough and doesn’t open you up to a lawsuit later on.

Excellent advice.

I did that by using the ITA Matrix paper report that came in a binder. Spend $10 and buy one of those; it’s almost better than reading 20 home inspection-related books.

Very true. I had forgotten about them, but excellent advice.

Nope. Gay home inspectors! I can speak from experience. :mrgreen:

Same here. Most of my customers are there during the entire inspection but they don’t always follow me around for the entire inspection. Sometimes they have friends and family coming and going so they may be showing off the house while I am doing my thing.

I always carry a couple of measuring tapes, flashlights, extra pads of paper and pens. Once I hand a measuring tape to some customers, I hardly see them again until I am wrapping up. Sometimes I’ll see them measuring and hear them talking about whether or not something will fit or look good in a particular location. I offer to take a picture if they don’t have their own camera with them. That’s a gesture that customers always appreciate.

I always carry a couple of measuring tapes, flashlights, extra pads of paper and pens. Once I hand a measuring tape to some customers, I hardly see them again until I am wrapping up. Sometimes I’ll see them measuring and hear them talking about whether or not something will fit or look good in a particular location. I offer to take a picture if they don’t have their own camera with them. That’s a gesture that customers always appreciate.

Worth repeating

Worth repeating.

I might also add that coloring books, crayons, word games, and the like are very handy in keeping children occupied. And I always, always have a jar of candy–lots of chocolate–which not only keeps the children occupied but also keeps the adults occupied trying to control the amount of candy the kids eat so that they can eat it themselves.

At one of my very first inspections back in October 2001, I had a few gazillion bazillion kids at the inspection
“What are you doing?” “Why?”
“How come you’re doing that?” “Why?”
“What are you doing now?” “Why?”
“Daddy wants to know how much longer?”
“Can you give me a piggy back ride like my daddy does?”
“What’s that?”
“I need to go pee-pee.”
“I’m hungry.”
“Are you going to live here, too?”

Candy, candy, candy.

“Here you little rug-rat. Eat this until you’re sick!”

There must be alot of IR inspectors in boys town.
Everyone has the rainbow plates.