How the inspection business in WARM weather areas?

The older I get the more I miss that So Cal weather, especially this time of year, which have easily the best in the country (continental US) & arguably in the world.

But that is also the reason that 20 million or so people live there as well.

Here’s a “cool” truck for all youz guys up north.

I’ve got a quick question.
With the home inspection I have coming up on Tuesday and suppose to be -16 with windchill here in Ga. , is there a problem with me walking on roof? Wasn’t sure if being brittle would be a problem or not?

I walk um when its cold just stay off the ridges stay where they lay flat. I have never broken a shingle yet when it was cold

-35C, can’t see the roof, can’t see the deck, can’t see the slope of the land, should have stayed in bed this morning.

Daniel,

You did a home inspection in that snow? Did you advise your client they should extend their contract?

Looks like I’ll get to do all of my inspections this winter in that kind of snow Worst year I can remember. Everyone gets the same spiel, can’t inspect the roof, can’t inspect what I can’t see, and I’ve got too many mouths to feed at home to be trying to see what the shingles are like under that snow. I tell them to get a statement from the owner as to how old the shingles are and what condition they are in.

Appreciate it Charley…

Doug, If you can gt up there SAFELY, no snow or ice on there, go ahead. That being said, sometimes you get to the edge and the shingles are clearly brittle, cracking significantly worn. If this is the case, I dont walk up there as it may be the last thing that finishes them off, they are already at or very near the end of their lifespan, no need to go up. My opinion, do what works for your business.

PS, Charley has a reputation for being right behind spider man in his roof climbing skills.

Thanks Mike
Figure I’ll decide once there and can take a look at it from the ladder and decide which way to go. Normally try to get on if can but sometimes mother nature says differently