How to add information to a summary page of a report where nothing wrong was found

I have an inspection report that was “clean”- first time ever!! I still need to include a summary page stating everything was good (could use some language for that please).
How is this done in home gauge. Please help.

This is the same, no?

I use different software but you could create an item/comment stating no material defects observed at time of inspection. And that should show up in summary

Lawrence said, in another thread, that his state requires a summary. :smiley:

I create attachments in HTML that I add to the report for furnished homes, old homes etc. You could create one easily for the situation you just described. Free HTML editors are available. Use a page size that corresponds to the report (copy an existing HTML attachments and change the text).

You didn’t find a loose door knob? A light that didn’t work? In 15 years, I’ve never had a perfect house.

2 Likes

I found this information on the Home Gauge web site:

Edit a Summary

1. Select the template you would like to add the summary to
  2. On the left side of the screen, click the Summary section bar
  3. In the center window, click the Edit Summaries tab at the top
  4. Beneath the Edit Summaries button, click the tab for the summary you would like to edit
  5. In the row of icons near the top of the screen, click Edit T
  6. Click OK , then click File > Save Template or Save T to save your changes

When I did the above I got a text box where I could edit the Summary Intro. Edit the Intro to reflect your findings and save the report. Do not save changes to the template. Alternately you can copy and paste the existing summary intro to notepad so you can retrieve it and re-enter it after you made the changes for this report.

1 Like

While those things would never make it into my summary, I agree, I’ve never ran into a house without defects either.

I recently noticed something in the software (for someone who is still thrashing about this problem). At the bottom of each comment section there is a little checkbox that allows you to add it to the summary even if it is “good.”

Maybe this will help someone.

In over 40 years. I have never ever had a home or commercial structure that I didn’t fine several issues. Honestly!

You set the bar that not everyone can climb over haha.

Thanks Bob.

Thanks Bob for your informative help. It’s a rare thank in these forums to have a reply other than a smart ass answer from those thinking their their simply the best.

For those replying with “I’m the smart ass God of inspectors, think twice. Others on Home Inspection Facebook business, their calling InterNACHI out and you guys as well.

By the way, I’ve been State licensed combined with being certified through InterNACHI for over 28 years with over 3 grand inspections and this is a first for me as well. So FO to all the assholes that do not want to help. Construction Standards change and narratives should be updated sometimes in reference.

Again thank you Bob.

1 Like

Loose doorknob. Wow!! Body of report yes, but as a Summary Item? That’s simply “wear and tear”. And if something like that happens, I just usually pull out a screw driver and tighten the two little screws. Makes the clients and realtors know that I care and respect them. You seem to be lazy. I bet you don’t even try to screw in a loose light bulb to check if that why the bulb why the bulb won’t work. Or, does that take 3 seconds out of your time for your clients.

How’s that for a smart ass reply.

So, if there’s a cosmetic scratch on a kitchen countertop, you put that on your summary page as an item needing further evaluation, does not function as intended or is a safety hazard?

Good for you. You’re the Master Inspector :rofl:

What is the matter with you? …You are trying to be an ass and you are doing good job of it…Yep!
All I said was… “I have never ever had a home or commercial structure that I didn’t fine several issues.”
And it is true.
A cosmetic scratch on a kitchen counter top is not an issue. @lharrington

Was thinking the same thing. Read this and his other redundant thread and found nothing offensive. Obviously a safe space facebook guy.

Strange …Huh?

Yup…having a bad day…strange. :flushed:

The summary should briefly describe the content of the report. It should cover the aims of the report, what was found and what, if any, action is called for. Aim for about 1/2 a page in length and avoid detail or discussion; just outline the main points. Remember that the summary is the first thing that is read.

1 Like