How to do Pre inspection no report

Hi guys someone ask me to do pre inspection no report I havent done this before .Do I need to run water in fauecet open panel …or just visual inspection thank you as always

You need to have a discussion with your client to determine the SCOPE of what will be included and excluded.

4 Likes

Funny thing about these, the client gets to save money and you get to carry all the liability.

4 Likes

As JJ said, you need to agree on the scope, but personally I don’t do them without a written report

2 Likes

Even though no contract and written report am gonna be liable??

1 Like

Thank you all

1 Like

Never mention the word inspection again to your client. It will be a walk-thru, a customized oral summary of observations.

thanks Brian

1 Like

The instant you step onto someone’s property and take a dime you are potentially liable (actually you don’t even have to take the dime to be liable if you break/damage something).

1 Like

I find that interesting and very true. Just because there is no verbal report, we cannot act as if we did not appear in a professional capacity and make professional recommendations. Sure, it is your word against theirs…but they may have taken notes or be very good at making a convincing argument against you.

2 Likes

Yeah, these “walk and talk” things have become popular lately. I think Nick might even a contract for one but I personally steer clear. It’s always funny when clients want us to condense or abbreviate a home inspection. To me, an inspection is already a very condensed thing that really shouldn’t be distilled down any more than it already is.

Along these lines, I remember when I was on the phones daily I’d get calls for people who just wanted an inspection for, “big things”. Yeah, right. This would be the first guy to call when his icemaker puts out odd shaped cubes :slight_smile:

3 Likes