How would you guys write this up?

Blanket statement. Kitchen sink drain piping was observed to have substandard/improper installation and materials. Recommend blah blah blah.

5 Likes

Agree. I have seen these several times, and always on flips… 50% of the time, they are leaking.
I would just report that although they are sold in big box stores, they are not ideal, and prone to leaking. Recommend monitoring or replacement

4 Likes

Depending on the client, I’d clip that graphic @ruecker posted, and call it a day.

4 Likes

Plumbing by Rube Goldberg

2 Likes

I see this a lot in one configuration or another, I will state something like “ Kitchen sink plumbing installation does not meet minimum industry standards “, “ recommend review and corrections be made by a licensed plumbing professional “.

3 Likes

Welcome back to our forum, Manny Cordoves, after 4 years!..Enjoy participating. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

How about: “Kitchen drain plumbing by someone who is not a plumber and should never be one. Recommend getting a licensed plumber to fix this mess.”

1 Like

I know this is an older thread, but I would defiantly call this out

“At time of the inspection the kitchen sink drain line assembly was poorly configured and installed. This poorly and unprofessionally installed drain line assembly could cause unnecessary restriction of water flow and the increased potential for stoppages and leaks. This inspector recommends that a qualified plumbing contractor should evaluate this drain line assembly and to make any corrective repairs that may be necessary for proper drainage needs in accordance with acceptable construction standards.”

That is a really nice narrative, I especially enjoyed page 3 :smile:

2 Likes

Haha I just saw one of these the other day. Equally horrible. “Professionally flipped”

3 Likes

Looks like they tried to tie that one in a knot. :rofl:

4 Likes

Looks like some :pretzel: plumbing

3 Likes

That looks like a contest “can you install this drain system in 5 minutes or less”

3 Likes

Pretzel plumbing! A whole new category of defect.

5 Likes

I would stick to my task to ‘observe and report’. My comment would be ‘unusual drain configuration is not leaking’.

Michael, your task is to inform your client that you observed substandard components in need of repair/replacement. You do your client a dis-service by describing this as simply “ unusual”. When something is wrong, your task is to call it out.

5 Likes

And I don’t blame you. What would be more of a concern,… if you didn’t!