I Can't Believe HomeGauge is charging $200/year for what was a free

Mario, HomeGauge is not for everybody. You bought software you got software, You havent been paying for free support, you got that free. I wish you the best with that other software company and hope all their services remain free so you will be happy.

All those who use HG Services continue to support us and we in turn promise to give you our best in updates and marketing ideas.

Nothing wrong with your software Russell, just your business practices. Can you for the record answer my question in my previous post? Will there be a charge associated with versions 4.3-4.9?

Lucky for us we do have alternatives!

2008 InterNACHI Member and Innovator of the Year

HOME INSPECTOR PRO HOME INSPECTION SOFTWARE](http://www.homeinspectorpro.com)
$599 ($499 For InterNACHI Members)

Easy to use, customizable Home Inspector Software that runs on Windows, Mac & Linux

InterNACHI members receive 3 months of FREE home inspector website hosting

List yourself in our Home Inspector Directory Free

Watch our NACHI.TV Software& Search Engine Optimization videos!

Are we talking about software now Mario? Because that is what you paid for was software.

When you purchase HG you purchase the whole number (version 4 today). You will get 4.x (however many decimal upgrades that is) until we come out with a major update which we give a whole number too. Currently we are at 4.2. There will be a 4.3 for sure, not sure if there will be a 4.4 or more. It just depends on our list of upgrades.

When we come out with a version 5, it will cost $275. Or, If you use HG Services you will get the upgrades free.

[/FONT]

Yes, I paid for the software licence and I was also promised a FREE listing that was included with the basic “Bronze” package. You now claim that HG service members (The Elite members) wanted to thin the pool of inspectors listed. In turn you have obliged these “PHANTOM” inspectors and removed ALL FREE listings. It is ultimately up to all former bronze HG users whether we believe you or not. Personally, I think it’s a money grab on your part, plain and simple.

BTW Exactly how many “Phantom inspectors” in total requested Bronze members removed? A % or an actual # will suffice.

Mario, just move on. Or, stop guessing and call me direct

Moving on…

Lucky for us we do have alternatives!

Easy to use, customizable Home Inspector Software that runs on Windows, Mac & Linux

Mario -

When I signed up with HG, I was told my $$$ got the software. It was mine. I could save it as a pdf and email it to anybody I wanted to. Even though MOST other software providers I had worked with over the last 16 years charged for Tech Support after the 1st year; Russell didn’t.

If however I wanted to STORE my reports in his servers for 5 yrs; if I wanted to be able to UPLOAD my reports to the HG website AND let my customers have the HG staff send them emails and passwords telling them there was a REPORT waiting for them; If I wanted periodic and ongoing UPDATES, the use of the Business Scheduler, the automatic Tie-In to the AHW warranty program OFF the HG site, the ability to take credit cards for payment, etc, etc, etc / You COULD (didn’t have to) buy the GOLD Pkg (now called HG services) for $30 p/mnth.

Many of us thought that was reasonable as heck since we had been at Ahit, 3D, AND many others.

I for ONE was tickled to death to see the HG site loose some of the crowd that bought the software BUT 3 years later did NOT really use the HG services NOR do much but take up space on the HG users page.

Russell’s reasonable on this stuff and gives a lot of support. From what I can tell they only really fall short in one major area.

I have been using HG since 2005 and have been more than happy with all of the service I have received from HG. I chose the Gold package for all of the reasons Dan stated, and continue to use them until this day. In addition to those services, I have peace of mind because all of my reports are automatically “backed up” in their entriety by being on the HG website. This was a really big deal to me when my hard drive crashed in January and lost about 8 months of reports.

As far as the listing on HG, since 2002 I’ve received 3 inspections through the various INACHI sites. Since 2005, I’ve received 9 through the HomeGauge site. Perhaps that is because so many more inspectors are listed on the NACHI site that referrals are diluted, but…bidness is bidness.

As long as Russell provides the services of HomeGauge, I’ll be a customer.

I too am quite happy with the service I’ve received from HG and Russell.
G

More like welfare queen! Don’t wanna pay for what they get. Don’t wanna get a job

Remember this Youtube video!

Funny stuff!

Happy Homeguage User here. Give me good service and I’m willing to pay for it. Those free listings always bugged me. Half of them were out of business anyway.

Erby…buddy that was funny and dead on as far as this thread goes.
G.

Very good Erby;-)

**2008 InterNACHI Member and Innovator of the Year

$599 ($499 For InterNACHI Members)**

Dominic@HomeInspectorPro.com

Thought you were moving on Mario… Let if go, let it go:p;-)

Do you have shares with HG?
This is a private matter between Russell and me. Yes, I decided to take this public here on our forum but it was not to debate you or any other member. If you or any other member is happy to pay for HG services that’s your decision, it has absolutely nothing to do with me and therefore I don’t give a flying @@@@. Do as you please.
The fact remains that Russell deceived past “one time” purchasers of his software and more importantly, he knows it!

Russell, resist the urge. =;

He has no choice but to resist. How can he argue with the truth?

**2008 InterNACHI Member and Innovator of the Year

HOME INSPECTOR PRO HOME INSPECTION SOFTWARE**

Mario,

I know I’m not in this, and I admit up front that I use Homegauge and not your software, but I’m not a stockholder in HG, I simply pay for the Gold Package.

I do however remember when I got the software in 2005 that I was told that I could purchase the software and use it without a package, and updates were free, new versions would not be. I was further told that unless I was a Bronze, Silver or Gold member (I believe that is what it was at the time) I would not be guaranteed any fringe benefits other than use of the software, period.

You are being disingenuous saying that debating this on a public forum is between you and Russell. If you truly felt that this was simply between you and he, you would have simply communicated in private. You are trying to bring attention to a service you provide for all of your customers that HG does not, and you should expect those who use a competitor to voice their opinions. No different from the old days with ReportHost.

Just sell your product if it is truly better. You have many, many satisfied customers. No one gains by belittling their competition.

Whoa Blaine.

Mario is a customer of Home Inspector Pro, not an employee. Don’t get confused because Mario wants to state that:

The best home inspection software is Home Inspector Pro

I tend to agree with him but please do not be confused regarding Mario’s affiliation with HIP. He is merely a user, not a sales rep.

Steve

Hi Blaine,

As Stephen said I’m a user of HIP not the owner of the company. I actually purchased HG as well as other software. I agree that I shouldn’t be posting this in a public domain; however, I believe it will help to change Russell’s view of one time purchases of his product. When I purchased his software he did give me the platinum service for free for one year. I did not use any portion of this service other than the free listing. I was happy with the bronze package. It offered me a free listing and that’s basically all I wanted and unlike you, Russell did promise this feature to me. He has now taken it away. Talking to Russell in person will not help me in any way. It is time for him to do the right thing and restore this service to all HG users. It’s that simple.
BTW I’m not knocking his software, it is a great product.