I deleted over 100 members today.

In keeping up with weeding out the non-working members, the NACHI staff will be deleting 150 more members today.

“Yesterday morning Will Decker emailed fastreply@nachi.org with a tech problem on this message board. Chris had it fixed by that evening.”

Sorry to say, Nick, still not working.

No criticism of Chris meant or implied, though. He just has a huge workload.

Hope you pay him good.

Jackie: I just Emailed a list of 21 NACHI HI’s in AZ that are not Presently operating with current State certification, You will see that there are some that are listed by the BTR as Dead, Revoked and Delinquent. These members are an embarrassment to all the real NACHI members here.:roll: :roll: They are all on Find an Inspector.

You missed at least one that I know of that is in a very prominent position. When you click on the verify link it shows this member as not being current.

Well, I’m still waiting after two months for InspectorSeek to be fixed :mad: See below

[/FONT]

I’ve sent him one email directly per your request a while ago about Findaninspector. Didn’t know then that I should have used fastreply. Noted. Also, periodically the BBS generates an error and a box pops up asking the user to contact the Administrator. I’ve followed those steps before and received no reply.

Then what’s the point of the “Tutorials and Known Bugs” forum? Are we supposed to post system issues there without the expectation of a follow-up? Then why should we bother? Bug reports should be encouraged and receive prompt attention, in my humble opinion. That forum says: “**New posts in this forum won’t appear until they’ve been responded to by NACHI staff.” **The implication is that it WILL appear after they receive due attention. That is not happening. The system has bugs. It’s frustrating to have to live with them without knowing that they are receiving attention.

I know Chris is busy, having to do all you listed. I was a Network Administrator and Systems Analyst in charge of 5 manufacturing plants in North America (Parker Hannifin) prior to this current career–it’s a tough job. IT folks, like me, naturally prefer to hole up and work on their projects; that’s understandable to a degree. However, customer service should be paramount! If the customers (us) drifted away, there’d be no work at all for Chris to do.

Wendy,

A nice note to the prominent position would be more effective. I know that mine showed being expired for a considerable period of time before it was caught.

All requirements were fulfilled, but somehow that seemed to be overlooked.

John B.

If Find an Inspector can’t take care of this you can take action yourselves. Here in AZ if Find an Inspector doesn’t get fixed I can turn the list of 21 NACHI HI’s in to the State Certification Board (BTR) and they will take care of it (They tend to not be very nice to people who don’t play by the rules and this would be another set back to real NACHI members trying to gain credibility for this organization here in AZ.)
I don’t like people that give the good HI’s a bad name and as a legal HI I am not going to let people come along and make us all look bad.:mad: :mad:

Michael, we’ve been through this before with BTR. Under AZ law I know “performing” a home inspection without a license is illegal, but “advertising” is not. We have an AZ unlicensed inspector on www.findaninspector.us who merely owns and manages his own home inspection company but does not do inspections, he employees AZ licensed inspectors.

I have reasons for not sending one directly as this person I believe has some issues with me. Strangely enough considering…:roll:

Geez - you mean someone in leadership (probably an appointed position) is in violation of the rules they are supposed to uphold and there is no accountability?

I am shocked!

Aw come on…Joseph… :wink:

No, it’s not leadership of the org…lest I get chewed up and spit out again. Just someone that is a Chapter President advertising meetings prominently on here.

I guessed - and given your recent history I can guess at who…

I was just being a smart a**…

Probably anyone now running a check on Chapter prez’s could figure it out now. :slight_smile:

I think this is an on-going problem (nailing down renewal fees) at NACHI.

In reviewing hte tax documents that were posted somewhere, I noted that in 2004, NACHI claimed just under 4,100 members (or thereabouts - going from memory) but posted only enough income to have collected dues from about 2,600 (at $289 each).

1,500 unpaid membership is A LOT and would indicate that this is not an unusual occurence. It may be a simple oversight, but when it occurs 1500 times, well…something should be corrected.

Nick I know about the member you are talking about they are not on the list. The list is members that are advertising to be home inspectors who have let there Certification expire, or have Died, 2 of them even show up as having there certification Revoked. How can NACHI keep advertising and standing up for 2 people who show they have had there certification revoked. Nick you know me I have gone to the BTR and Deffended this organization when you were just starting to get members out here I have allways given you straight information and deffended NACHI in this state even against great odds. These 21 members I listed are Not legal in AZ. Do you want me to let the BTR sort this out? I think we need to sort it out ourselves without other organizations using this to discredit us as an unprofessional organization.

Michael,

Turn them in. They are responsible to remove themselves from the Featured Inspectors list if they are not qualified in accordance with NACHI’s coe’s.

If they are breaking the state law then they are in violation of NACHI’s coe’s, and should be duly reported.

Please have all the necessary paperwork showing that they are in violation, including a recent statement from the State showing that they are not in compliance. Websites are only as good as the people that maintain them. Please do not use the information on them as gospel.

That’s a good point. Washington State has been at least 3-4 months behind in putting the licensed pest inspectors up on their site.

It’s kind of like painting the Golden Gate Bridge. You start at one end of the membership, call them, email them, check them out, delete some of them, and by the time you get to the end of the membership list it is time to start again.

John why would you encourage Michael to turn his list to the State when I believe all he is asking is to forward the list to NACHI so the names can be removed at NACHI?

The State already has all the members on the list categorized.

What is the upside in telling the State that NACHI can not keep track of active/legal members?