I donated my Porch.com stock to MICB.

OK, so if its Not another one of your so called Strategic Partners of sorts, could you please;

1. explain what the relationship between porch and micb is ?

2.0Also how does this benefit any CMI or nachi ?

That’s for the explanation in advance.

Jim

MICB has an ownership position in Porch.com.

It helps CMIs by providing something that may provide income for the MICB. And since all of MICB’s revenue is used to help CMIs, it could be beneficial to CMIs.

Make isn function absilable on inspectors dashboard like buyback

Thank you, btw

Your welcomecto buy me out and ill make interachi the#1 provider of insursnce inspections in thd state of florida. Remember , one good insursnce agent = 10 good realtors

This is all very disconcerting. Porch is NOT good for our industry. Marketing organizations like Porch will hurt our industry by forcing lower inspection prices and therefore lower quality inspections. I am actively seeking a different scheduling provider because of the ISN/Porch relationship. I am concerned enough to split ways with NACHI as well. I am sorry Nick, NACHI has been good to me and my business but this relationship with Porch is not good for us as an industry.

I’m not understanding what you mean.

On one hand it sounds like you are opposed to us buying Porch after they bought HON and ISN, thus being in favor of Porch having free reign to do whatever they want in our industry.

On the other hand it sounds like you are anti-Porch.

I can’t figure out what position you hold.

Nick, I am opposed to NACHI becoming a partner with Porch. Porch markets to clients by eluding to helping find industry professionals at cheap rates. Homeadvisor is no different. Most of us learn pretty quickly that Homeadvisor was not a good thing. Porch however is forcing their way into our industry by partnering with ISN, HON and now NACHI. We should be resisting their influence instead of joining them. I am pretty sure that you did not buy a controlling share of Porch and your “say-so” may have some (but limited) influence. Porch is no different than HomeAdvisor. Why don’t you buy interest in that as well. I don’t want to be a part of an organization that is going to have a detrimental effect on the industry that my livelihood is based. That is why I am looking for a replacement of ISN. And, that is why I am opposed to what you are doing to NACHI.

The below bolded/underlined does not sound like InterNACHI is a partner with porch, to me.

And neither does post # 12:

It sounds like it was bought…

Me too.

I’m trying to. But HomeAdvisor didn’t buy up HON and ISN. HomeAdvisor is basically just a digital company that I’m not concerned about. They did buy up Angie’s List, but Angie’s List is just a digital lead-generation company too.

You’d prefer they buy us up, like they bought HON and ISN? Again, I’m lost. You sound like you don’t want us having any control over them at all and not to buy any more of Porch, so some of your statements sound very pro-Porch as if you’d prefer we let them continue. But then some of your statements sound like you are anti-Porch. I just can’t figure out what position you hold.

Can someone help explain? I’m missing something here.

Well said Robert.!! This relationship is just another poorly thought out, Industry damaging idea. It’s all about data brokering and vendors making their big money off our clients data.Jim

But Jim, he is also pro-Porch. He said he is OPPOSED to any InterNACHI attempt to control them or protect members data by purchasing Porch.

What kind of position is both pro-Porch and anti-Porch at the same time?

Nick, How can you say that I am pro-porch? You didn’t purchase controlling interest. Therefore, those that have controlling interest (Porch principals) make the decisions. As any other publicly traded company, the principals and management staff have one primary job. Increase Shareholder value. By you purchasing stock in the company alone you have increased shareholder value. However, my biggest concern is the Porch.com strategy of “appearing” to give clients what they want which is inexpensive quality services. What they are actually doing is providing a resource for clients to pick cheap inspectors that are either new or provide minimal service for a low fee. This, in turn will drive the average fee down. I just think that everyone should ignore Porch.com until they go away, at least from a home inspector point of view. ISN went to the dark side. I am in the process of developing my own online solution to that. It won’t be as robust but it will be free and I won’t be supporting Porch.

It’s not a publicly-traded company. It’s privately held.

There are only a handful of investors/stockholders.

Ahh, I misunderstood. So your input may be more than I thought. Of course your percentage ownership is your information.

Nick, I have a great amount of respect for you because of what you have done for our industry and as I said before, there is no way that my company would be as successful as it is today without your influence. I think I will stand by your track record and stop reacting until I see some bad actually happening.

Regards

Seems like a good strategy. Porch (and others) are going to continue “networking” service expansion. Younger generations just want an app button to push on their phone to have repairs or remodeling done. The app has to respond in less than 5 seconds because few young people have a long attention span or sense of 3 dimensions (not criticism; truth). It really is “I like this picture of a bathroom; make mine look like it”. The only time they will see the finished work is when they take a picture to post on FB. If Porch were to misbehave it would be bad marketing for them if CMI raised heck and protested by visibly (news) selling the stock. It behooves BOTH parties to do their best. A CMI is comprised of the inspector behind the logo and not the reverse.