I got this email today

What?..You would pay in the name of goodwill? Where will it end? If you feel the item was properly disclaimed, answer the e-mail in a polite and firm manner that you WILL NOT pay because the item was disclaimed and you don’t do ‘code’ inspections. See W. Deckers post.

The client should be learning the lesson. If it were me, I’d cc the clients’ realtor with the response as well.

I think the point is this…you did a good and complete job… you did everything you could possibly do…you provided complete and thorough information INCLUDING the exception to your imspection…At this point, the client has an obligation also to ALLOW you to complete your job … which obviously was not offered.

This is a PUBLIC thread - so I hope some homebuyer somewhere reads this…
WE WANT TO DO A THOROUGH JOB!!! PLEASE LET US!!! Call us back…ask lots of questions. PLEASE!!! We as Home Inspectors truly want you to avoid un-foreseen expenses for you.
That’s why we due this.

HOME BUYERS!! WE WORK FOR YOU… If there is snow on the roof … your realtor should extend your inspection period to allow for a complete and thorough inspection…WE can’t do that as just inspectors …your REATOR has to… Our hands are tied!!!
Me and my husbands goal - for the company that my we both operate…is to protect and inform the client…>>>>>>>>>>>>We are BOTH NACHI certified, and BOTH perform independent inspections. Except that I’m the moldie Ladie and Energy Audit Girl…But at some time - **common sence of the client has GOT to kick in! **
**They pay us to represent them and then hide issues found by others until they are repaired. And Normally at exorbitant fees. We could save these families SO MUCH money if they would just trust us and let us due our jobs. **

Lord love a duck…I have no answer…