I invented Tour de France 40 years ago.

I was 7 years old. My friend and I each had Fisher Price Big Wheels. I told my friend “Hey, let’s see who can get to the end of the driveway first.”

They finally did it. They came up with a sport more boring than baseball. It amounts to not much more than “Who can peddle the fastest?”

Yawn.

It’s French Nascar. You wait for the accidents.

Im not a fan either, but there is something to be said for going 50 MPH on a bike.

There is something to be said about a guy who has won it as many times as Armstrong has. Biking might not be the most exciting sport to watch, but you cannot dispute the fact that Armstrong is an incredible biker, competitor, and athlete in general.

Not hard to do with drugs:shock: Just look at our own Ben Johnson

Lance Armstrong was/is/will be tested for doping eternally. And there never seems to be any conclusive results that say he did it. French Anti Doping Agency needs to give that one a rest.

Got any paved hills in Colorado? There are sanctioned Big Wheel races held in many cities for adults. I wonder how Nick would do.

Nothing like 8,000 horse power

nhra-1.jpg

Funny how biking can be a “team” sport.

Seems the movie “Breaking away” was pretty accurate with regards to the dirty tricks during the race. :slight_smile:

You guys never rode bicycles past the cul-de-sac apparently. I used to ride rode bikes 200 miles a week. Was never in better shape than in my early 30s when I used to ride. It is probably the most physically demanding sport there is.

You must have never played hockey. ;-):stuck_out_tongue:

Is that sorta like bowling? Whatever it is, we don’t have it down here. :smiley:

LOL, sorta, except you’re more likley to be the pin rather than the ball.:shock::mrgreen:

Hockey is demanding just like serious bicycling. Hockey players are probably some of the most fit athletes in all of sports. It’s just hard to tell because their size and strength is hidden under all that padding.

Nick, however, fails to acknowledge any “sport” is a sport except for football for some reason. Baseball? Forget it.

Hockey is a sport. Baseball isn’t a sport, it is a game, like Tiddlywinks, only less exciting than Tiddlywinks.

UFC is not a boring sport…

http://www.mmaphuket.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/ufc85_swick.jpg

http://www.mmaphuket.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/ufc85_jess.jpeg

How about auto racing, Nick.

Sport, pastime, or amusement?

Sport.

Rugby is a sport…Nascar is nothing more than left turns and drunks throwing chicken wings at the fence.

I use to have to work those dam races at Charlotte Motor Speedway…gosh I hated Nascar…nothing but dam drunks who passed were passed out half the time…the other time they had nothing better to do than beat some ones arse or get their arse kicked.

Jeff

Nick, about this ‘Tour de France’ claim. Sorry but I think the Germans beat you to it.