I’m at a loss for words

Thanks for your input gentleman. Thats what I was thinking. Older lady. Save some money. Get what you pay for. It sucks but it is what it is.

2 Likes

My son is a plumber, they do not do finish work after repairs (that’s for other skilled people)

But, he would NEVER do this.

1 Like

So, just curious, YOU, as a HI performing an inspection of this home in the present condition…

1. Would you “write this up”,
    and
  2. How would you “write it up” if you do?
  1. Yes, I would.
  2. Substandard installation.
3 Likes

3 Likes

I would write it up, but I would be very careful.

I would call it unconventional installation and not widely accepted for cosmetic reasons. Customer should be aware to convert this water piping to conventional concealed piping may be a significant cost.

I would not mark it as a defect, just a concern.

2 Likes
  1. Yes, informational post only regarding unconventional installation. NOT a defect.
  2. Poor workmanship (damaged millwork).
3 Likes

I can go along with that.

3 Likes

For the record, I did write up my exposed piping in the garage because I felt it may be prone to freezing and impact damage. Had they ran it along the top of the wall and insulated the pipe, I would have said nothing.

1 Like

If the exposed PEX plumbing lines where chased in it would not be that bad.

Vertical and lateral fastener issues.
Several fit issues.
You can purchase plastic or build wall chases to hide the piping.

In Colorado all plumbers must be licensed through the state. In the Denver Metro area at least all work must have a permit. If the house is in an area like that, have them contact the state or local building department.

1 Like

What could go wrong ha ha ha ha

In the Missouri Ozarks we just say poor people have poor ways.

2 Likes

Makes it easy to prove to the next buyer that a repipe was done. So there’s that… Just hope that any curious children (or adults for that matter) don’t wonder what it is and start poking at it with a sharp object.

1 Like

I just love the versatility of PEX!! :crazy_face:

1 Like