I need to lose some weight. Anyone have a diet that kept it off?

I am on the Mexican water diet. Have had the squirts for a week and have lost 6 pounds. :cool:

That will teach not to drink anything but beer!:wink:

Not me, boy!! I love crab…low ones or high ones, alla same…crab legs–crab cakes…and shrimp. Crabs and shrimp…yuuuummmm!!

Hit the gym.

Daily excersise (IMO) will do more for loosing weight and keeping it off than any diet alone.

Atkins - steak, steak and more steak! :mrgreen:

LOL…You’re killing me Jae. I so much appreciate your sense of humor. :slight_smile:

I guess that only proves that sick minds think alike;-)

Regarding the water subject.
I never (repeat) never drink water.

Nothing but milk (coffee)and an occasional blended smoothee my whole life.

Always disliked the taste of pure water.

Water is in everything , including food.

The offshoot of the Mexican water diet is the Home Depot Hot Dog Cart diet. Highly effective, works fast.

Seriously, my husband went to his Dr and they worked out a sensible eating plan for him. His plan included cutting out all diet soda, all processed meats and most oils. Cutting out all ‘bad’ food is sometimes impossible, so shoot for a 90%.

His Dr also told him to snack in the mid morning and mid afternoon. Fruit, raw veggies, low fat low sugar stuff.

Exercise is critical, 30-45 minutes at least 4 days a week is what the Doc recommended.

You cant ‘diet’ for long term success, it must be a lifestyle change.

That’s because your in chicago let’s face they haven’t had pure water upthere since before the fire. The amount of the hormones and chemicals in the birth control pill make up a quarter of the chemicals found in the water. so at least you wont get pregnant if you drink it :mrgreen: .

Have a great day,

Bradley

Stay away from the Nutrisystem diet; apparently you turn into a good looking, hottie woman.

Weight control is so simple.

Yet everybody looks for the “quickie”.

Read all the program guidelines. The same thing is in all of them.

There’s two things above all others.

Move more than you eat.
Eat less than you move.

That said, there are some medical conditions that cause weight gain, but even there, none of those dumb *** “lose weight quick” scams are worth the money.

I get a kick out of the dumb asses who spend thousands of dollars to substitute physical willpower for mental willpower (bariatric surgery).

MOVE YOUR A$$ MORE THAN YOU FILL YOUR STOMACH!

Robert, you really NEVER drink any water ever?

Cheryl, why cut out diet drinks?

Do all of the cooking at your house, and do lots of tasting while you do, food loses it’s appeal and if you are a bad cook, it work’s even better.

Crap, that won’t work both the wife and I are great cooks.:wink:

Buy larger clothes. You’ll feel comfortable and forget about dieting. :wink:

However, being fat can lead to other problems :roll:

Eat a lot of these, and it will fix that problem! :roll:

Nick (never)
I admit once in a great while I will slurp from a fountain (2 or 3 times a year)

Most certainly would never spend money on bottled water as it is unregulated.

Ice Mountain comes from Lake Michigan water,
One of the biggest comes from a asphalt lot in New Jersy.

Can’t think of the name off hand.

The french (Perrier) one had benzine in it around 20 years ago,which I could never figure.

At least Lake Michigan tap water is tested.

What is “Evian” (water) spelled backwards

Linus, Darwin at work???

Doug, Naive people drink Evian water!

However, SNOPES.COM refutes this.

http://www.snopes.com/business/names/evian.asp

Nick - I moved to Cali and weighed 196 lbs. I’m at 168 now, as shredded as I have ever been in my life probably. About 7 years ago, I did the Atkins diet and dropped from 225 to 175. That’s a major committment as far as dieting goes. Weight loss is about balance. Balance of what you eat and how many calories you burn through exercise.

You can’t lose weight long term if you don’t combine exercise and healthy eating. I generally run about 4 miles a day and lift weights. I try to limit the booze as that is certainly not conducive to staying thin. And you’ve seen my antics in Vegas as well as other cities and know that is something that is not easy for me to do.

I also take the following supplements and switched my diet to this:

1. Metabolic liver cleanser/fat burner. 3 pills a day
  2. Organic apple cider vinegar mixed in spring water. Twice a day. Good general health drink.
  3. Whole psyllium husk mixed with water once a day. Cleans your system out.
  4. Biotin pill for better food digestion and healthy skin.
  5. I now put flax seed oil on my vegetables instead of butter. Good for Omega 3/Amino Acids.
  6. I eat wheat and whole grains as opposed to white flour. Wheat bread, wheat pasta, etc., etc.
  7. Try to eat one piece of fish a week.
  8. Eat plenty of grilled chicken, turkey burgers, and an occassional steak.
  9. Always have a steamed vegetable with my dinner.

When I’m not traveling to tradeshows, this type of routine is easy. But when living in hotels and airports, it’s hard to keep a good rhythm.

Finally, I would suggest getting a subscription to Men’s Health magazine. Lots of good tips in there.

Call me for additional details if you want.

BLG