I think everyone has a right to become a Home Inspector

Thanks for the advice guys, i appreciated people who really want to help me out and give me advice, for those who just want to critizice i will keep ignoring them, thank you guys, I see your point, i should raise the price, I really need more practice on doing inspection, i have already done a couple of them and every client i have done the inspection with they were happy to hire me as their inspector

Jeffrey, I don’t believe I’m being help right now, because question that i asked and answers that I get from others inspector out there are very sarcastic, they are not helping at all, these inspector think they are better than other and the meeker guy that’s another one.

I can’t help you much on wind mitigation, but if you need help in anything else that pretains to building, let me know and well help where I can.
Just send me a PM. :slight_smile:

No one has the “right” to be a home inspector.

Being a home inspector is a privilege granted upon qualified individuals by the consumers in their market that choose (or not) to hire them.

No one has a duty to carry anyone to success. 9 out of 10 inspectors starting business, today, will be doing something else within 3 years. Of those few who make it to that point, about half will make it to the five year mark.

Read through the archives and study the posts of new inspectors who either knew everything or expected others to carry them … and are no longer here. Run through the web pages of people listed as members under “Featured Inspectors” who no longer have active web sites. After you do that, ask yourself whose duty and responsibility it is to put you over the top.

If it is to be … it is up to thee. If you are looking for someone to hold your hand while you fail you will find that those folks don’t last long, either.

If you truly are qualified to take on the job of carrying the confidence and trust of someone considering a quarter of a million dollar purchase … and if you truly are qualified to commit yourself to being a full time professional … you can handle some criticism. If you aren’t able to do all three, don’t quit your day job.

Man up and do what you need to make yourself worth hiring … or get out of the way for those who can.

Best of luck.

Thanks Marcel:)

Care to elaborate?

See now I was reading to give you some advice and I see my name mentioned. I do love the fame :slight_smile:

My advice was to change your profile to show where you are from so you can be helped out a little better.

By the way I only busted your chops once as far as I can remember. It was only a zippy one liner.

You can learn a lot here but you got to be tough :slight_smile:

Mr Ng,

If this is what your refering to —Your Question—

Does Roof underlayment or bitumen are consider SWR?

on Thread: http://www.nachi.org/forum/f73/citizens-roof-certification-62406/

[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
and we sent you these web sites for you to read:

http://www.roofery.com/definitions/underlayment.html

http://www.nachi.org/forum/f73/secon…istance-60689/

http://www.dca.state.fl.us/fbc/theco...er_revised.pdf

why would you say your not getting any help?
Just asking? :roll:

Because when I asked a question, to some of these inspector they don’t give an straight answer, that’s all I am asking is some answers and advice, and what they do?, they ask me back a question without giving a straight answer, it is that hard to give someone an advice, aren’t we all in this together, why are we in this forum?, to help each other out right?

As for Mike (TPRV) “The Meeker”…

He took hell for his “rookie” question/comments a couple of years ago, and still get’s ribbed about it, but, I would bet if anyone has a question about a TPRV, he would now have an answer! :twisted:

Learned, he did! :wink:

When someone tells you what the answer is, they have helped you through a moment of curiosity.

When someone tells you where to find the answers … they have provided you with information that will help you be a better inspector.

Learning this - before you begin to accept money from the public for your services - is crucial. If you don’t learn it now, an angry client demanding an explanation for an error in your report will teach it to you - as you attempt to justify your error by explaining to them that your description is based upon what “some guy” on a message board told you.

You can learn from this … or you can continue to be shrill and defensive. It matters little to anyone other than you (and those who may depend upon your income) whether you make it in this business or not.

Best of luck.

Mr Ng.

Great advise from Mr Bushart. Research, research,research, is how you learn, not by relying on others to give you the answers.

I thought by giving you these web sites it would help you better understand the terminology and the process as a whole. That was not an answer with a question and was certainly straight forward, and it was advise!

Mr Ng.

Anyone has the “right” to be anything they want to be. While you may not like my previous comments in other posts, I think it is evident while everyone may have that “right”, you have proved to all of us on this board how dangerous it can be for our clients to have new inspectors who have taken a class and passed a test out on the loose inspecting homes. It takes much more than a class to know what you are doing. I started out much like you, not knowing all that much about construction. I was a termite inspector for three years, and apprenticed with another home inspector for two years before I went out on my own. And even at that, it was scary in the beginning.

It appears that from all you have written here that you have very little knowledge of this business. I do commend you for trying to get your answers on this board; however some of the questions you are asking make all of us shake our heads. You need to do a little research on your own prior to asking some of these questions. Before I ever asked a question on one of these boards, I would spend hours reading posts and doing searches. Most of the time the answers to my questions could be found.

For you to call members sarcastic because they are trying to give you a wake up call and not giving you a direct answer, and by the way, sometimes your questions are somewhat ambiguous, shows arrogance. Compare yourself to a doctor in his first surgery who has to ask where the heart is after making an incision. Would you want that doctor operating on you? And it probably would not happen. Why? Because he had to spend years interning to learn his profession. The same thing should be true here. Just because you passed a class and could prove whatever else the state required to get a license - that does not make you a home inspector. Read James post again. He summarized it pretty well.

Your best bet would be to work for someone for a year or two and gain some experience. The choice is yours. Good luck

Not my intension on relying on other inspector, I asked the question because i was in doubt, the rear of this house its a gable shape I know that, but if you look a it closely, it does not leave an overhang to it, itsn’t that to be gable the roof covering must extend further than the wall to be a gable roof, this house the roof covering does not extend all the way out leaving an overhang, it’s flush with the wall, that is why I wasn’t sure about it

A gable roof does not need or have to have an overhang.

Check out the InterNACHI educational stuff for some great info.

I will gracefully regress from this conversation!

regress (third-person singular simple present regresses, present participle regressing, simple past and past participle regressed)

1. (intransitive) To move backwards to an earlier stage; to devolve.:roll:

WOW- “To gable or to eave?” This question has troubled great engineering minds since the pyramids

WOW, even with posts deleted.

Some of you posted on my wall I do not see your comments because you are on my ignore list, which mean I’m ignoring you.