I want to move in USA from Canada as an Inspector

Is that little Tommy Boy on the right? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Grew up a “scrapper” and started about that age… :shushing_face:

2 Likes

of the bully

2 Likes

You and I both started about the same age, just a number of years apart. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :wink:

Just flipped to 63 today Junior. And you? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Happy Birthday, Tommy Boy! :slight_smile: I’m 48, I think… :grinning:

3 Likes

Thank you, Sebastian. Wishing you and yours a very happy healthy prosperous new year.

You did well considering your experience. Good for you!

I concur. Gaining experience in new fields can be advantageous. I worked many trades including superviousionally, managed job sites, operated equipment and ran my own small restoration business. I had a ball. Man what a wonderful life is when you try!

Note: From what I hear, they do not pay as much stateside for homies.
With both of you working you will do just fine.
Never stop looking forward pursuing your dreams. Talent is seeked after constantly. Top dollar paid to the right individual. Go get em!

I PM’ed you to see if everything was well.
These are very trying times for many inspectors, inspection businesses.
Lack of inventory. Sellers market!
I have helped 15 inspectors try to get established. Only 1 is working full time that I know of.
I though I may help if possible. Being down on your luck is disheartening.
I am booked for the next 10 days and the phone rings continuously.

Good luck with your endeavors. I wish you all the best.
Regards.
Robert Young

2 Likes

Happy birthday mate! You are 3 years my junior. Remember, Age before beauty even when it is not applicable…LOL.

2 Likes

No. Brian, I have been through a lot of certifications not through Nachi though for I got those before I joined them. I like Nachi because of its education. Look at the replies in the forum, that will answer your statement.

Dont assume; I saw a few other replies and they want to pick a fight. I am referring to the few poor attitude individuals that gave bad replies that is what I am referring to too much ego is showing thinking they are all the best. Over the years I have watched inspectors lie to Realtors in order to get business, and Yes Jeffrey California is that type. I have spoken with a few inspectors in Arizona is a good place to do Inspections and gain ground quickly. Nevada looks open in many areas. Yes I live in Southern California and in our county (riverside) we pretty much have more inspectors than the rest of the state. Internachi is good for education, thats for sure.

1 Like

The forum is not NACHI, it’s just a forum. Thanks for clarifying.

2 Likes

That will depend on which state you decide to move to. I cannot speak for any state but mine but from what I understand not all states require a license. The Texas licensing board is TREC (Texas Real Estate Commision). the internet and/or probably this forum should be able to help once you decide where. Good luck with your endeavors.

1 Like

If you are looking for a place to have zero “winter” weather. I’d narrow the search down to Southern California, Arizona, South Texas, and Florida. Something to consider is those places can get hot in the summer for a Canadian. If I were you, I’d spend sometime wherever you choose to go, see if you actually like living there.

There are large Spanish speaking populations in a lot of the US even in the Denver Area. So you could market and verbally communicate to those people in Spanish, but from a legal standpoint I would check with local lawyers to see if your contracts and reports need to be in English or if the courts accept and litigate in Spanish.

3 Likes

You might have jinxed yourself, @mwilles :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ll take it you enjoy your -12°F :rofl: shorts yesterday when it was in the low 60’s pants today no problem.

2 Likes

I’m in shorts today! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

I’m sure things will pick up hang in there.

2 Likes

It’s a good day for you to stay home in the warm and paint your toenails. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m too busy inspecting homes for all those Northerners buying houses down here :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Keep up the good work, Martin. :slight_smile:

3 Likes