I was corrected by a real estate agent yesterday

I was told by the REA that no one calls it the “master bedroom” anymore. It’s the “primary bedroom”.

5 Likes

They still call it the “MB” around here.

3 Likes

He said it’s not politically correct anymore.

3 Likes

I could correct the RA right back, “I do!” Nuff said. I don’t write reports to please Agents.
Boxing

13 Likes

You should see some faces when I call the half bath a powder room… … …

8 Likes

Welcome to being woke. Pretty pathetic IMO.

16 Likes

I get the same BS around here to, my give a shit meter is pretty low with this kind of BS. So I call the master the main bedroom.

4 Likes

Won’t like me wearing a CMI hat then! Good reason to wear it right there!
Dots

4 Likes

Oh, another preacher for the great “awokening”.

It’s a trap.

5 Likes

Just call it the owner’s suite instead.:grin:

1 Like

Why?..

That wasn’t intended to be serious.

2 Likes

Clearly the agent is not a master of the English language.

5 Likes

You want grammar, common sense or reason to stand in the way of “wokeness”?

1 Like

It’s rarely done with any fervor, just good natured, but I tell them as soon as they’ve corrected Masters Degree, Master plumber, Master golf championship, Master Chief petty officer and so on, I’ll master my reluctance and chip in

9 Likes

Call them bedroom 1,2,3,4 etc. and let them figure which one is witch…

3 Likes

I searched Zillow with the keyword “master bedroom” and came up with 90 listings in my county alone. Close to 3000 when I zoomed out to the state. They still call it a master bedroom

6 Likes

I had a client use the term “en suite” for the master bathroom. I had to look that up to decide if it was a valid change of verbiage.
It isn’t.
The root is French and the history of the term doesn’t really fit (in French it means “afterwards” or “following”).
“Master Bath” is fine.

2 Likes

Wokeness is holding us all hostage…primary indeed…good grief!

1 Like

Not holding me hostage. Master Bedroom, Master Suite, Master Bath etc. goes into all my reports. It won’t change.

11 Likes