If I get my home INSPing degree through... PLEASE RESPOND.

Originally Posted By: aj
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

If I get my home inspection degree through my correspondence school, then what? Like I said on here b4 I’m almost 18 and love home inspection work but I don’t know where to get a job related to this. I don’t wana start off trying to work for myself. Where should I go for help? I live in indiana. I don’t care if its presale inspections code inspections or whatever, just home inspection work. Thank you for all your help.

Originally Posted By: ekartal

Find a good inspector and hang with him for close to a year. A classroom setting may have shortened the time needed with a mentor.

Erol Kartal

Originally Posted By: dbowers

A lot of aspiring inspectors in the midwest start out by trying to work as an apprentice horse shoer. This gives them a solid work background learning to duck and dodge swiftly AND helps them develop the patience to work well with real estate sales people.

Originally Posted By: roconnor

I think it’s a good idea to initially work under another experienced inspector, especially if you are not getting extensive classroom and hands on training. I am also not a big fan of correspondence courses.

Research the larger local franchises and companies, and then contact them concerning entry level positions. Some of the bigger ones have their own basic training that must be taken before being hired.

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?
NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong