If I was able to deliver every one of your clients a free filter...

I gotta add that I don’t even like the little ads on the FetchReport page that a client receives. I doubt that I will use the system just because of them…I think they are ‘cheesy’. That and this proposal are just too much I think.

As long as the ads that go with FetchReport stay low key and supply the client with
some benefits, I will not mind them. At this point, all the client has to do is shut the
window and not look at them.

I would prefer to receive those hundreds of thousands of foreclosure inspections over free furnace filters …

The manufacturer of the filter, furnace manufactures, other heatiing industries would like a ready made client list, to sell their exculsive line of products or something like that.

I think its a good idea but like James, whats the catch?

Some trial baloons float and others are simply shot down quickly.:wink:

No, I will not give out client info.

How much different is there in NACHI knowing the clients name then what the New York Times does? … . Cookie
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/article/header/nytlogoleft_article.gif
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/article/header/sect_membercenter.gif

• NYTimes:

Register for NYTimes.com.

•Breaking news and award winning multimedia•New York Times newspaper it only takes a minute!

Member ID or
E-Mail Address:

Password:

Forgot Your Password?

computer.

Roy…you’re kidding, right?

No can you tell me what is the difference if a person agrees to giving their address for a free Filter, and giving their address to read a paper for free ?

The name and address has been freely given… Cookie

Your analogy would be just fine if NACHI were to place a applet on their home page that allowed a website visitor to sign up for a filter. For me to pre-empt that process and supply names to NACHI for advertising, marketing or sales purposes is completely different. BTW, you can’t possibly think that the only reason NACHI wants our clients names is to send a free filter do you?

It could be a simple Form they sign at the inspection agreeing for NACHI to send them a filter.
I am only asking to get more thoughts on this not necessary saying it is good or bad …
I can see many things where this could be a huge advantage .
Cookie

I totally agree with Roy.

Well then James, go ahead and whore yourself out to NACHI vendors that covet that information. All for a $4 filter. Damn, I heard you were easy, now I see you are cheap too! Currently, 62% of the message board members don’t agree with you either. That’s a pretty good mandate.

Very poor way to treat a person who is trying to have a discusion. Now you say (" That’s a pretty good mandate ") well if 5 yes five had voted the other way it would be 50% for yes and no .
I do not think 5 is a very good mandate.
Open discusion is not XXXX ones self.
I am glad to see you are strong on your feelings but others are entitled to voice their openion with out being belittled.

… Cookie

I agree, thanks for noticing. If that newbie poster can treat another respected NACHI member the same way then he should be able to take the same in return. I’m sure you’ve seen http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?p=235387#post235387

Say What! But the vote is not that way. OK, my turn, if all had voted No then that would be a undeniable mandate. What kind of argument is that?

Sorry, I have no idea what that means.

I couldn’t agree with you more and that’s how I normally post and operate. That is, until someone crosses the line first, then the rules of engagement change. I think I’ve seen you do the same from time to time. :smiley:

ROTFLMAO:D:D:D

Damn Mike, remind me never to piss you off! Seems James is getting a little taste of what goes on around here. As many of us have. Perhaps when he posts in the future he will try to use more Brains than Braun. :smiley: (pun intended). Hopefully, most of us won’t get older without getting smarter. Others may not be so fortunate.

Hey guys,

The program would probably work as follows:

1. You submit the filter size, move-in date, and mailing address via a web-based form.
  2. We send your client a free filter, compliments of you (with your name and contact info in the box… maybe even with some promo hand-out stuff).
  3. We offer to send another filter when it’s time to be changed (and we’d bill them for this filter if they choose to receive it).
    The information would be used for no other purpose. It’s mostly a way to add value to your inspection and promote your business. We’d recoup the cost by selling a few filters on the side, but the goal is to give our members another competetive edge. Imagine if, 5 days after your clients move into their new home, they receive a free filter with a few of your brochures inside the box. If they know anyone who’s buying a home, they’re bound to give those brochures out.

Obviously the details would need to be sorted out, but we first need to know if you guys would be interested in the program.

On a side note: obviously we couldn’t keep all your brochures in stock, so we’d have to use a pre-printed brochure such as the http://www.inspectorboost.com one and customize it with your info from your NACHI profile ( http://www.nachi.org/profileintro.htm ).

Chris,
I’d be interested in this type of program. I like the idea of following up my inspections with more to offer the customer, keeping my name and reputation in their sphere of existence.
Let us know when/if this goes live,
and thanks for all your NACHI work.
Steve

Cool Concept.

Chris,

Keep up the good work.

It was John’s post of wanting to take away one of our NACHI benefits that made me treat him that way. This newbie is not going to stand and let a special interest dictate what we can or can not have.